Translate

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Episode - 1 - Delhi - 6 Week- Food Festival with Sam


Every time I get an opportunity and am in the mood for some chatpata chaat, I simply park my car at a metro station and board the metro to the chawdi bazaar metro station. When I come up 3 levels from below the ground to the real chaat king of Delhi – Ashok Chaat Corner, I feel I am in heaven. From UPSC lane to Prince Paan to Bengali market to Malviya nagar or to Karol Bagh, I have tried them all. So I can close my eyes and proclaim that Ashok Chaat Corner is the undisputed Chaat King in our Delhi. This place happens to be almost half a century old and it shocks me that a legendary place like this was not listed on Zomato for a long time.

I am more than a fan of the place and love everything he sells from Gol Gappa to Dahi Bhalla, to paapdi chaat, to aaloo ki chaat, to kalmi vada to sev poori, to kachalu ki chaat and I can go on and on in one single breath. The Gol Gappa happens to be the finest and the Aloo Chaat and Bhalla papdi are so far the best I have had in Delhi and the kachalu that he puts on top is priceless! His chutneys have something extra special than the other chaat places. I also discovered Kalmi Vada for the Ist time at Ashok Chaat and I simply fell in love with it. It is the crunchiest, and the tastiest form of chaat topped with the awesomest imli and pudina chutneys, dahi and kachalu on top.......makes me swoon........

We visited Old Delhi a couple of months back and started from the Chawdi bazaar metro station and raided Ashok Chaat, our Ist stop of the day and as we went ahead, our eyes enjoyed one of the awesomest food journeys ever As you can see in the pictures, we hogged on the awesome Gol Gappas, Bhalla's, papdi, kalmi vada's, aaloo chaat and what not. It was indeed a soul satiating journey in the lanes of Old Delhi. Stay tuned tomorrow to read about my journey before my next stop.


© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
© www.zomato.com/shambavi


































No comments:

Post a Comment