Translate

Sunday 28 August 2016

Chi Ni - Dusit Devarana - Romance Personified - With Gourmet Flavours- 3.5/5


Having a citibank card could have some perks. Citibank is running a gourmet flavors scheme for it's members and you get to dine at one of the best places in the city at very affordable prices (1150++ per head) . I utilised one such offer and we got to dine at one of the places I had been dying to visit.

Dusit Devarana needs no introduction. Its a stunningly beautiful property and the setting of every restaurant is oh so romantic. There is detailing in every spec of its ambiance and decor and perfection in every inch. Last Sunday I dined at Chi Ni at the Dusit and I can't stop raving about the food and the ambiance ever since. Chi Ni is the perfect example of how traditional cuisine comes alive with a modern twist.

The ambiance is nothing less than killer. The stone pathway leading to the restaurant is surrounded by water and glowing torch's and you feel as though its Valentines day yet again. The restaurant has 100 plus covers and has dim lighting and the perfect fine dine romantic atmosphere.

The ala carte menu is so vast and so meticulously planned and is a delight especially for vegetarians like me. Would you imagine dishes like vegetarian chicken or vegetarian fish filet on the menu? Yes these dishes exist. But since I had visited for the citi gourmet flavors scheme we had the set menu of salad, starter, mains and dessert for two.

Their Manager was sweet to offer us a complimentary mocktail and wasabi mushrooms which tasted divine. Then came the vegetarian Goose Salad. Omg the salad was a vegetarian version of peiking duck and was delicious. For mains we got 3 mushrooms bean curd in a tangy Schezwan sauce and vegetarian chicken with asparagus in black bean sauce which made me feel as though I was actually tasting Chicken. This dish is a rockstar. The mains were accompanied by Hong Kong noodles and amazingly divine Ginger sticky fried rice which was one of the best sticky rice dishes I have ever tasted.

The dessert was my #Betterthanse** moment (please pardon my french) - a beautifully chocolate layered frozen dessert with chocolate sauce and choco chips swept me off my feet. I felt as though I died and went to heaven.

After such a gala meal the meagre bill of Rs 2998/- ensured I went home happy. The gourmet flavours menu is available at the citibank website. So guys check out the super list of participating restaurants. 



© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?



















 







































No comments:

Post a Comment