Translate

Saturday 8 April 2017

Cafe Des Arts - Puducherry - Over rated


The Cafe is located in the main city center area or what is called the white town area in the French colony of Pondicherry. Since this place was one of the most talked about places in Pondicherry I decided to pay them a visit for breakfast. It did take us a while to find ourselves a place to sit. 

The cafe has a pretty homely, slightly amateurish ambiance. The furniture is not restaurant standard. The staff is courteous though, but a little rough around the edges. The cafe is owned and run by a foreigner who also has a local ass the co-owner. The menu seems quite elaborate but what you picture while reading the menu doesn't come to life on your table. The portions do not compliment the pricing. Only the crepes seem to be worth what you are paying for them. 

We couldn't find a place to sit inside so we had to sit outside in the sun. Mind you that mornings even in the month of October can get hot and sitting in the sun is not a very nice idea. 

We placed the order for a Chicken Mayonnaise french Baguette, ham and cheese sandwich, buttered croissant and a waffle with ice cream. It took them quite a while for sending the food on our table. I should say the presentation was very amateurish and absolutely not restaurant standard. I am sure you would agree with me when you take a look at the pictures. The Ham sandwich tasted average what you would have at home. The chicken mayo baguette was sad. The croissant was fresh and the waffle was above average.it. 

If I want to have homely food in a restaurant why would I pay such a price for it? I'd rather sit at home and cook for myself. The food left was dissatisfied and I could still feel a void in my dissatisfied gut. One place I will certainly not recommend. If you ought to visit, visit without expectations and you may just come out with an average experience. 

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?



















No comments:

Post a Comment