Translate

Saturday 27 May 2017

CHHEDI LAL - THE KING OF SHAKES - HAZRATGUNJ LUCKNOW


The highlight to my lucknow trip besides kebabs and biryani are the high quality thick yummy and superb shakes from Chedi Lal who calls himself the King of Shakes located at the legendary Hazratgunj area. And indeed the king of shakes he is. 

This legendary shop I hear started as a pan / Cigar shop in the British era and has graduated to a shake / ice cream shop. Trust me shakes cannot get better than these. Period. I am not much of a shakes person but I could absolutely not stop myself on my Lucknow trip so much so that I visited this shop 4 times during my 3 day trip to Lucknow for the superb shakes from Chedi Lal especially the mangola or what you might call the Mango shake. On my trip back to the airport I couldnt help but grab one last one for the road at the end of my lucknow trip. 
Their's has to be the awesomest Mangola ever.For me this Mango shake with a scoop of in house ice cream rescued my soul... somehow.. you have to taste it to know what I mean. Mango heaven personified. After tasting this I now know how one can make a great shake from a fruit which is the king of all fruits.

I also tried their superb blackcurrant shake with ice cream - Thick and yummy just perfect to beat the heat. Guys if you live in Lucknow I am certain you may never have missed their shakes and for those who are in Lucknow for a short trip - Never miss their shakes. An absolute must visit 


© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?







No comments:

Post a Comment