Translate

Monday 7 November 2016

Baker Street Puducherry - The most Over rated Cafe ever


This cafe rose to popularity when the famous foodie duo Rocky and Mayur called it one of the best cafe's in Pondicherry. So obviously when I was visiting Pondicherry how could I miss the chance to dine at the city's finest cafe? But the sky came crashing down on me when I realised the cafe was over hyped and I did understand the much a do about nothing. 

Located on the famous MG road this cafe for me was a slightly unprofessionally run place. The cafe boasts of being similar to a parisian style bakery / cafe. But I can vouch for the fact that it can no where reach the finesse of the smallest of bakeries in Paris. 

Due to the hype created, I visited for Lunch during my visit to pondicherry, and found the service abnormally slow even though the cafe wasn't operating at full capacity. I also witnessed the partial service towards the foreign tourists. 

The seating space is not very comfortable and I picked up a salad, a chicken Quiche, a chicken sandwich and a brownie. Even though the pricing is decent the food however tasted pretty average. The Quiche was very eggy. The chicken sandwich was fresh and tasted just about ok. The salad was ok but the dressing was very oily. The mustard and the oil had not been whisked to a consistency to make the perfect dressing. The Brownie however was pretty average too. 

To sum up you can visit if you must but don't be disappointed if the place does not live up to its hype.

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?






















No comments:

Post a Comment