Translate

Tuesday 22 January 2019

My best meals of 2018


A friend of mine inspired me to compile my list of best meals of 2018. I have had multiple memorable meals in 2018. I travelled to a number of places that made these meals memorable and hard to forget. I travelled from Amritsar to Toronto to even Cancun in Mexico and made memories. Memories of some extraordinary travels and most of all extrodinary food.
Travel and food for me absolutely go hand in hand. I always make a list of must eats and must visit restaurants whenever I travel. And I did that in 2018 too. And I enjoyed some absolute great meals last year which will go down in my travel history as my best meals.
Andafter much a do, soul searching and trying hard to remember,  I have shortlisted these 16  meals as my best meals of 2018.

1. Yum yum cha, Gurgaon, India- 2018 started with some unforgettable Thai green and Thai red curries at this place. I was so moved by the meal that I went to the kitchen to personally thank the Chef.

2. Monu kulcha, Amritsar , India- Hands down the best kulchas.in the world. Went there on the Independence Day long weekend last year and these delicious Kulchas stole my heart.

3. Mr beans the coffee lounge  Indore, India - Besides the mind-blowing street food in Sarah's bazaar in Indore, this place really pleasantly surprised me. The place is ahead of its times in a city like Indore. Outstanding Italian food. 

4. Babas, Gurgaon, India - the satisfaction that Dal Roti brings to your soul cannot be ignored. Had an outstanding vegetarian pre Birthday meal here and I can still not stop  Raving about the food.

5. Social Delhi, India- My birthday Lunch at social  was a knockout. The date and toffee pudding was just mind blowing and the rest of the food soul Satisfying

6. Matamaal Gurgaon, India - you might think I am Biased because the food they serve is my native cuisine. Well I cannot lie,  that's true. Their veg Thali is an absolute must have to enjoy some great Kashmiri food.

7. Street food in Jakarta, Indonesia - just freaked out on the street food across the capital city in Jakarta. Surprisingly good vegetarian food including some great Avocado shakes, gado gado salad and som tam salad

8. KITCHENETTE Bali, Indonesia - one of my best meals in Bali. Loved their Agli Olio Pastas, Nachos, and most of all smoothies.

9. sisterfields Seminyak Bali, Indonesia - This place introduced me to God's wondrous creations they call Polenta fries. Just sinful and deliciously good. Their Hallumi cheese salad - Knockout

10. The grand pizzeria and bar Ottawa, Canada - Great great Pizzas and Sangria and oh what wow garlic bread.

11. The Green egg plant Toronto, Canada - Great burgers. Totally loved the Portobello Mushroom burger. The tenderloin burger great too

12. The Royal Solaris Coffee Shop - Cancun, Mexico - yummy empenadas, enchiladas and waffles and pancakes for breakfast in this Caribbean destination were God sent. The size of the gala mega breakfast for me was hard to ignore

13. Munch Chicago, USA - one of my most memorable vegetarian meals outside of India at this vegan cafe. Loved the mock meat sandwiches

14. Joyful cafe Dharamshala, India- great great great Pizzas and Banoffee

15. Balaram Mullick kolkata, India- Ended the year with some great sweets from here. Mind-blowing kheer Kadam, nolen gurer sondesh, Roshomalai, rashogulla and Mishti doi. 

16. 6 Ballygunge place kolkata, India - A great vegetarian buffet with Aloor dum, Luchi, Rashogulla, what rocking sondesh

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch

© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?
























No comments:

Post a Comment