Translate

Saturday 27 May 2017

TUNDAY KABABI AMINABAD LUCKNOW - THE LEGEND OF LUCKNOW



Lucknow and Tunday Kababi are absolutely synonymous and foodies often use the names of these two interchangeably. I would bet that who ever is fond of non vegetarian and decides of visiting Lucknow will not complete his trip without a visit to Tunday Kababi. Tunday Kababi has been a big name for juicy succulent Kebabs and Biryani in Lucknow and famous all across the country and even the world for their famous tunday buffalo kebabs. 

But what remains of Tunday today is only the legend, only the name that once was..... I was in Lucknow recently and the foodie in me had been prompting me to visit aminabad ever since I had landed in the city of Nawabs to pay a visit to the legendary Tunday Kebabi for the kebabs and Biryani. Now that I am a vegetarian, ofcourse I was apprehensive and was unsure of whether I must visit since I was sure I would not find anything for myself on the menu. But on the insistence of my non vegetarian husband I finally paid a visit. 

Now, owing to the Govt's beef ban during that time the only tunday kebab's available that time were the mutton and chicken so with a heavy heart my husband entered the aminabad outlet of Tunday. Since it was friday night, the place was bustling with people. They have a huge seating in the basement and the service is quite fast. 

The ambiance is very basic, cast iron tables and chairs and unpolished staff. So without much a do, we ordered a portion of chicken and mutton tunday kebabs, shreemal to go with it, a portion of mutton biryani and a kadhai paneer for me. Needless to say there were hardly any vegetarian items on the menu and to my astonishment the vegetarian dishes were more expensive than the non veg items. 

My husband found the mutton and chicken tunday kebabs pretty average. I did taste the  Lucknowi biryani of course which was average too. I will reserve my comments for the oily Kadhai paneer. 

Though the bill was peanuts, but the food left us dissatisfied in terms of taste. Tunday - A place that today you may only visit because it was once a legend. 

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?
























No comments:

Post a Comment