Translate

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Dao, GK-1 - Thai Fine Dining Re-defined - 4/5



Dao is a Thai fine dine experience in the city not to be missed. I am kinda developing a fetish for Thai cuisine, so had been wanting to try some authentic Thai food since quite some time and I am glad I decided on Dao. This was truly an evening to remember . We spent a lovely evening at Dao and enjoyed the fine dine Thai experience with my family last week and enjoyed every minute we spent here. If you are in GK this is an experience not to be missed. We ended up staying there talking and sipping wine until late at night and our server and the Manager Manoj made sure that we have a great time.

The word Dao in Thai means a “Star” and Dao by all means is a shining Star in the galaxy of Thai restaurants in the city today. Thai cuisine today in Delhi is as popular as Chinese or other Pan asian cuisines, but my only grudge against most restaurants is that they have indianised this fantastic cuisine way too much, so much so that the dishes have lost their original Thai taste and Flavour. The thing that I would call the USP of Dao is the very fact that they have maintained the sanctity in taste, flavor and ingredients in their Thai dishes and have not indianised their dishes at all. This is what makes this Star ie. Dao Shine brighter than the pole star for me. Each dish in its recipe at Dao is very much Thai in its originality in taste and flavor that at one point I felt I was sitting in Bangkok and enjoying a fine meal.

The location is super with the roof top seating presenting some magnificent views. The Ist floor has their Dimsum and Chai bar called Dimcha and the 2nd floor has this huge, magnificent, very majestic and striking fine dine space called Dao, and the 3rd floor has their club called Aniq. It’s a superb 3 tier mix of an awesome experience ensuring you are all set to have a nice time. The ambiance is spectacular, love the small artifacts at the glass door entrance and the lighting and everything that they have done to recreate a fantabulous fine dine space.

The menu is superbly awesome. Great meal options explaining what one can order if one is not quite familiar with the cuisine. The food is excellent beyond ones imagination and has a taste that one carries home and with oneself for all times to come. Interesting flavors, beautiful presentation and a detailed explanation of each item. A variety of food is immense at a fairly reasonable pricing. The menu has a great variety of dishes and the Chef ensures the usage of local fresh ingredients, giving each dish its original Thai flavour. By the way the restaurant boasts of a Thai Chef who brings an exemplary menu to our city.

The food was brought out at a perfect pace, giving each of us time between the courses. The service however is only outperformed by the food which by the way is amazing, outstanding and Brilliant beyond comprehension!!!

So getting down to judgement this is what we all had, and it was a whole lot of food as usual.
  • Watermelon Kimono - A stupendous vodka, watermelon and Cranberry based drink that stole my heart. A superb refreshing beautifully presented drink. My rating 4/5
  • Mr. & Mrs. Mischief- This has got to be one of the most colourful rum based cocktails I have ever had. Loved the lemon twist in it and the brown sugaar at the bottom. My rating 3/5
  • Spinach and Prawn Roll - This was a wow dish for me. The prawn accentuated the roll to another level. Superb Job Chefs. My rating 5/5
  • Spicy Chicken Dumpling - Truly Thai, loved the sauces that were served with it. My rating 5/5
  • Spicy Seafood Dumpling - The best seafood dumpling I have had in India. A must have at Dao. My rating 5/5
  • Tuna Uramaki - Sushi at its best. Another must have at Dao. My rating 5/5
  • Salmon Uramaki - Very subtle in flavour and one of the best I have had in a Thai restaurant ever. My rating 5/5
  • Steamed Fish - Beautifully presented delicate fish with a lemon slice was soft and mushy and the herbs served with it just made it divine. The spicy lemon sauce made the fish a rock star. my rating 4/5
  • Shredded Chicken - Super dish in authentic Thai sauce - My rating 3.5/5
  • Som Tam Salad - My all time favourite Thai salad, impressed me at Dao, my Rating 4.5/5
  • Thai Green Curry Chicken - Superbly flavoured great Thai Green Curry. My rating 4/5
  • Crispy Lamb in tamarind sauce - This was the dish of the day for me. The bambooshot flavour and the Kafir lime leaves really made the lamb super. A must have at Dao. My rating 5/5
  • Schezuan Chicken Pokchoy Dumplings -  Superb dumplings served with great sauce. My rating 4/5
  • Lamb in Chilly sauce - Superb juicy succulent lamb in a mild sauce was super. My rating 4/5
  • Bamee Kee Mao - Superb Thai noodles. Loved them My rating 3.5/5
  • Fish in Penang Curry - Superb Thai spicy curry with great delicate soft mushy fish. My rating 4/5
  • Water Chestnut in coconut milk - Was a fab and colurful dessert. Loved it. My rating 4/5
  • Chocolate Mud Cake - Needs no introduction and was superbly done. My rating 5/5


























































No comments:

Post a Comment