Translate

Saturday 22 August 2015

The Big chill Cafe, Khan Market - 4/5

The Big Chill Café​ was on my wish list for as long as I can remember, and finally last week I had a chance to visit the place while I was in Khan Market. I had gone crazy hearing all great stories about the place and the Food clubbed with the fact that having lived in Delhi for 17 years I was still deprived of a visit to this much talked about place. The place has been the talk of the town for as long as I can remember and you can understand my frustration that every single plan to visit Big Chill had gotten cancelled whenever I decided to visit. Finally God was kind and serendipity led to my encounter with Big Chill.

Located centrally in the heart of Khan Market, Big Chill is one of the oldest and one of the most famous Café’s of Khan market. Having a number of outlets now across the city the place has been a hot favourite of people from all age groups. The ambiance is very hep, cool and colourful with a glass show window showing items from their cakery. Love the big and small framed movie posters and pictures of the who’s who from Hollywood.

Having primarily an Italian and European influence on the menu with a couple of American items as well, the menu is a Rockstar and what’s even great is that the menu will never disappoint someone with a sweet tooth. The dessert section is a Sugar rush in itself and it’s a pleasure to read such top of the line desserts on the menu, hard to find elsewhere in the city. From a simple Salad to a Risotto to a nice antipasti and shakes and smoothies and even fresh Juices the menu is a clear winner. The pricing is slightly higher but at par with most South Delhi restaurants in the same category.

The food tastes delicious and divine and each ingredient screams freshness in every inch. Portion sizes are pretty great and the presentation is very impressive. The service is top notch and very swift. Each course is wonderfully timed and the serving staff is very sweet.

Now coming down to taste, this is what we tried.

Ø  Strawberry Smoothie – Undoubtedly the best in the city. So think, so yummy and delicious. A must have.

Ø  Fresh Pomegranate Juice – Have never been a fan of canned juices so loved the juice

Ø  Chicken Ceaser Salad – For me a must have whenever its on the menu and it did not disappoint me. Loved the Parmesan shavings on top and the thick chunks of chicken and the fact that it was not over loaded with dressing.

Ø  Non Veg Antipasti Platter -  was beautifully presented with grilled vegetables – Red, yellow and green peppers, Zuccini’s, Broccoli, beans,carrots oh so delicate and beautiful for my taste buds. Loved the cold cuts and the grilled prawns, mushrooms, chunks of cheese and jalapeños and a freshly baked bun. It was a delight.

Ø  Grilled chicken Breast – Well cooked, tasted nice but not great. Portion size disappointed me or may be the plate was too big for the portion offered. Could be better and more sides can be included in the portion.

Ø  Banoffee Pie- was nice. And I went into food coma after tasting it. Definitely a must have here.

I am definitely coming back and trying the loads of dishes on the menu and I am oh so happy that I can now proudly be a part of the Big Chill conversations finally!

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© @GanjuShambavi on Twitter 
© What Sam says about________ ?

































No comments:

Post a Comment