Translate

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Smokey's BBQ & Grill - Come here for the Cocktails and the Burgers - 4/5


Smokey’s BBQ & Grill is one of the latest restaurant and lounge entrants in the DLF Cyber hub umbrella and is well known for being a Grill, and serving some great cocktails, Samplers and Burgers. Located at the lobby level they have an elaborate menu with a variety of scrumptious dishes for every taste. I simply love the Graphitti on the walls the high ceilings, the plush chandeliers, the huge bar counter and such amazing seating. The place is a paradise for non vegetarian lovers with a variety of American and European dishes on offer. Love the way one can smell the aroma of charred and freshly grilled food being brought on the tables. The ambiance is lavish, love the earthy interiors, and the spacious seating. The sofa seats are oh so comfy, that you just want to crash in them.

As the name suggests, Smokey’s serves some juicy finger licking fresh barbecued meats, straight off the grill and onto your plate. You can enjoy, some amazing sliders, woodfired pizza’s and oh yeah some of the most amazing cocktails and mocktails. Cocktails here are definitely the talk of the town. They have some unique cocktail offerings having some amazing names and the probably the only place where I have seen Smoked cocktails and aged cocktails and even molecular drinks being served all at the same time. Would you know that their wine list, boasts of more than 80 wines?

I pretty much like everything about this place. From the ambiance, to the cocktails to the food to the service and the fact that the entire meal is one hell of an experience. The place is simply perfect for every occasion, be it an evening out with friends, a corporate lunch or some chit chat over a couple of drinks with your bum chums. Sam was totally floored by the food and the courteous service staff who recommend what you order from the awesome cocktails to the food. 

I was here last week for lunch with my office colleagues and I think we ate 5 times more than we should. This is what we hogged. 

  • Melon Sangria - The White wine melon Sangria was oh so perfect. It was one gem of a Sangria, one of the best I have had - My rating - 4/5
  • Lock, Stock & a Smokin, Barrel - A unique smoked fruit drink made with Smoked Pineapple, Caradamom, Vanilla Pod + Vodka. OMG! Istly I loved the Hollywood Quintin Tarantino touch in christianing this drink and secondly amoked pineapple flavour was bingo. My rating -4.5/5
  • Smoke Infused Negroni - A unique and beautifully served cocktail with an orange peel twist containing Campari, Gin, Martini Rosso - again a Smoked cocktail. I am speechless  -My rating 4.5/5
  • Prawn & Calamari Aijlo - OMG! loved the mild flavour of the prawn and the calamari blended together. Loved the soupy flavourful gravy on the Aijlo. A brilliant rockstar dish for me. A must have at Smokeys - My rating 5/5
  • Polenta Crusted Chicken with Sweet Red Chilli Sauce - One rocking starter. Loved the sweet chilli sauce with the chicken, really brings out the flavour. My rating 4/5
  • Lamb Kibbeh with Queso sauce - Gotta be the juiciest Lamb kibbeh I have ever had. The charred flavour of the grill was breathtaking. And the dip was super. My rating - 4.5/5
  • Grilled Chicken Skewers - Reminded me of my days in Malaysia enjoying the street food on sticks. A great tender chicken on skewer, that you can enjoy with any drink. My rating 4/5
  • Grilled Veg Skewers - If you see the pictures you will realize how beautiful they looked with the zigzagy tangy sauce on top. Mind blowing is the word to describe it. My rating - 4.5/5
  • Corn & Cheddar Triangles with Blue Cheese Dip - I am a fan of anything that comes with blue cheese. And yes I am a fan of this 3 cornered creation of the talented chefs at Smokeys. My rating 4.5/5
  • Grilled Chilli Dog Melt - I can scream my lungs out for this dog. I can bark, drool, jump, dance and do anything to eat it again. It leaves you speechless. A must have again. My rating- 4.5/5
  • Bacon wrapped Pork Sausage Hot Dog- One hell of a hot dog slider, with soft mushy buns they just melt in your mouth. My rating 4.5/5
  • Pulled Tenderloin Burger-  I am, a big big big fan of any tenderloin creation of god that comes betweem a burger bun. And this is one of God's wondrous creations. You will know what I mean if you taste this. My rating - 4.5/5
  • Chunky Chicken Burger- flooded with chicken chunks, it leaves you gasping for more. I loved it truly madly deeply. My rating 4/5
  • John Dory with Smoked Shimla Chilly - John Dory us a great juicy fish. And I dont blame them if this fish wasnt as juicy since ýou dont get fresh fish in Delhi. But I must commend the John Dory chunks with the Tomato rissotto tasted divine. My rating 3.5/5
  • Seafood Risotto - The best I have had. Period. I wont say more. My rating 4/5
  • BBQ Chicken - Juicy, soft, tender, mushy, flavourful. Yummm My rating 4/5
  • Two Peppercorn Steak - Cooked to perfection, with the roux it tasted divine. Loved the peppercorn and coriander seed layer on top of this served with potatoes, made it heavenly. My rating 4.5/5
  • Banofee Pie - This is my favourite dessert, and I have got to say this one at smokeys tops my charts in terms of taste and texture. My rating 4.5/5
  • Apple Crumble Pie - I am not a great fan of apple in desserts, but this dessert pleasantly surprised me. Loved the apple pie and the super presentation. My rating 3/5
Guys, Sam says visit Smokeys if you love super burgers, sliders and cocktails. Don't delay the heavenly experience that awaits you. 














































































































No comments:

Post a Comment