Translate

Saturday 25 April 2015

Enokee - Dwarka - 3/5


Well people, I was curious to Know what the name of the restaurant means and I found out that Enokee means - a thin, long-stemmed and tiny-capped white mushroom,  native to the northern mountain ranges of Japan and prized as a food. Wow! What a name, but its sad that most people including me do not know what that means. 

The restaurant Enokee is owned and run by Chef Dheeraj already who had started Cafe Blue Tomato in Rajouri Garden. The restaurant is located in the sector - 12 Dwarka market, where there used to be another restaurant called Black Olive. Enokee is a decent place, not sure why the ambiance is a mix of Bollywood and Beatle
s pictures with a Cocktail Bar setting, because the name doesn't suggest the theme of the restaurant. The ambiance otherwise is nice but the lighting istrong at some places and dark at other corners. seating is comfortable. 

The menu is the play it safe multi-cuisine menu with dishes across the world from Chinese,to Thai to Indian and some continental dishes. I have heard that the Indian dishes on the menu are nice, but the chinese is a little shaky. I tried European which was nice, but not great. My chicken had salt to a slightly higher side. It did taste great otherwise. The sangria was a let down. Actually my mistake ordering a sangria in a restaurant located in Dwarka, because they would probably never have received guests who would have ordered a sangria. The soup was decent. 

Taste wise food was nice, but lacked the Wow factor. The Sangria was a let down. 

service was ok, even though staff needs more training and are not aware of most dishes, and service wasn't quite prompt considering we were the only ones in the restaurant. 

Coming down to taste. This is what I had :--

Red Wine sangria - Disappointing. Just seemed like some tasteless low quality wine with dices of apple in it. My rating - 1/5

Chicken sweet Corn soup - I am allergic to egg and I informed them not to put egg in my soup, however I wastill served soup with egg. Cannot rate this, because, I could not have the soup.

Herb Crust Fish - The Fish was perfect. Could be a little crispier though, but was great. My rating 4/5

stuffed Chicken Breast - The stuffing inside was fabulous, but the sauce on top had a slightly higher salt content for my palate. The sauteed veggies were nice and complemented the meat really well. The dish is great though. My rating 3.5/5

Ceaser salad - I would say the ceaser was their version of this classic salad, but it wasnt bad nonetheless. It was actually nice. My rating 3.5/5


© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch












































No comments:

Post a Comment