Translate

Saturday 16 April 2016

Nagaland Food Stall - Dilli Haat, INA, New Delhi


Dilli haat is a foodies heaven. And what's even better that you can explore the food trail from almost all the apart of the country. From Kashmiri waazvaan to Marathi Vada pao this place has it all. Even though most outlets are plain and simple no frills attached food stalls selling food at quite meagre prices yet no one cares coz the food is worth every penny spent. 

I have been visiting Dilli haat ever since I was a teenager and have lost count of the momos and fruit beer escapades I have had with friends in Dilli haat. We would go crazy sitting and chatting for hours over a mug of non alcoholic fruit beer which is basically a sweetened cola drink they call beer. 

Irrespective of the time of the day and season of the year Dilli haat is packed almost all year round and the north eastern food stalls are quite popular for the usual desi Chinese fare they sell including a couple of traditional north eastern dishes as well. 

I was in Dilli haat last month and could not resist the temptation of having what I used to love ordering as a teenager - Chicken fried momos and chowmein. So I stuck to my choice and my sister ordered some veg fried momos. Well the momos aren't that bad and the noodles are also pretty palatable. And yes the fruit beer still tastes the same - Rocking. My meal at this food stall at Dilli Haat was full of Nostalgia and I truly enjoyed it. 




© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© Follow Sam on Blogspot - http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout 

© What Sam says about________ ?










No comments:

Post a Comment