Translate

Saturday 16 April 2016

Zizo - Golf Course Road - Gurgaon - 3/5


For most of us the exposure to middle eastern cuisine is pretty limited and most of us have the misconception that middle eastern food is only meat, meat and more meat and there is no room for a vegetarian in the cuisine from this part of the world. Well people! Guess what? You are wrong. And Zizo proved just that. 


I had seen this bright Green signage every time I drove past the Golf course road in Gurgaon and wondered how would this place be like. My only introduction to Lebanese had been Falafel's, Pita, Hummus, and their other famous dips may be a tahini or a baba ganoush. So the day I found the opportunity to test the waters even deeper in Lebanese cuisine I was ecstatic. 


Located very strategically on the Golf Course road, zizo is just the place you want to go to because it has almost all elements needed to be a winner. Nice cozy interiors, great menu both in vegetarian and non vegetarian, great tasting food, swift service and pocket friendly prices are the USP's of Zizo. The only thing which was a downer for me was that the place had so many mosquitoes that was a little irritating to have food while mosquitoes were taking a royal stroll around you. Giving them a rating of 3 instead of 3.5 because of the mosquito problem.


So we stuck to ordering Hummus and Pita, Fattoush Salad, Couscous with Veg Tajine with a mocktail. 


So coming down to verdict this is what I thought of the food.


Hummus and Pita - For the Price the quantity is huge and the hummus and 2 huge pita are a meal in itself. The Pita is soft and fresh and the Hummus was by far the best I have ever had. Definitely a must have at Zizo. My rating - 4.5/5


Fattoush Salad - A nice salad with loads of greens and dices of lebanese bread. I liked the fact that the salad was not over loaded with dressing. The quantity could be more though. My rating - 3.5/5


Summer Breeze - A nice refreshing cocktail. My rating - 3.5/5


Couscous with Vegetable Tajine - I have had Tajine earlier so this one for me was disappointing. Because I have definitely had a better Tajine at Casablanca, The Hilton Doubletree Gurgaon. The couscous was nice but the Vegetables were more like a curry. I was expecting they would serve it in a Tajine as well, but it wasn't. My rating - 2.5/5


Over all Zizo is one place you can visit now that they might have their bar license in place too but they need to address the mosquito problem soon, for me to go back.



© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© Follow Sam on Blogspot - http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout 
© What Sam says about________ ?






























1 comment: