Translate

Thursday 25 September 2014

Dude Food - An evening to remember - 4/5




Having read so much about the place I jumped at the opprtunity for an evening out with friends and I just had to try this place out . 

It was an evening where we celebrated the passion, for the love of our life – GOOD FOOD. And well, good food fortunately was a part and parcel of the package deal. A very cool, young, vibrant and a colourful place, Dude Food has really come up well in the past few months and emerged as a hot favourite not only amongst the college going junta, but also us middle aged crowd and some from the older age groups (and by that I don’t mean to offend anyone) .

Coming to the Look and the feel of the place. I simply loved the colourful murals and paintings on the walls, and especially the Dudette – The statue of Liberty standing tall on one wall, really stole my heart and so did the incredible Homer on the other wall. I found the Einstein picture so lovable and I loved to see him make funny faces at me. The kid inside of me was so tempted to get clicked between Bob Marley and EMINEM, but you know, how sad it makes you feel when you have to act your age, sometimes and shut the kid up within you :(

Dude Food has the most promising, upscale, and modern menu for foodies of all shapes and sizes, including me (no Wonder its called Dude). And Sumit, the owner had handcrafted a great delectable menu for the Delhi Foodie’s group, and I enjoyed every morsel of food I ate. It was so much fun, chatting and gobbling down great tasting food with fellow foodies, and for a change one did not have to wait for any of them to write a review of the place and post it on Zomato. It felt like college, when one was on stage and you could see the reaction of the audience and get a final verdict there and then. One could guess the other foodies reaction of the food item simply by a grin, or the rolling of eyes or their drooling expressions. And yes, one honest confession, it felt fantastic. I felt like I was in a Food mall :)

And without much ado, coming straight to the food we ate, and my personal, unbiased individual opinion on taste and presentation.

• Ministrone Soup – Oh yes, I made this one, way back in 1998 while I was in catering college in IHM, Pusa, and I liked the Dude’s version as well. Even though the Tanginess of the tomato was a little over powering for me, but I loved the dash of pesto (if that’s what I think it was) on top and the other veggies in between. Great Presentation.

• Baked Chicken Nacho’s – Not sure if even the Tortilla Chips were made inhouse, but even if they werent, they were so fresh and simply super. I loved em. And the chicken and Mayo on top. Well, Avi Sir told me he moved my cheese from the Nacho’s, coz I realized my Nacho’s were cheese-less. Nevertheless, I enjoyed them anyways, and they tasted fantabulous. And Presentation was nice too.

• Pigs in the blanket – Their inhouse recipe of the dish was nice. The tangy sauce on top, really enhanced the taste of this otherwise awesome dish. I would have liked the bacon to be more crisp though.

• Dude Lamb Burger – OMG! I was startled at the mamothness of this thing, and then I knew why there was an incredible Homer (Hulk) standing tall. It was gigantic, it was massive. With 2 slices of thick Lamb cutlets topped with cheese this Big boy was the Macho one who challenged the appetite of all Foodies. And trust me, I finished as much as I could manage, but it left me craving for more ;) It was one helluva burger. And especially at the price it is .

• Margarita Pizza - Well this one wasnt on the menu but the plain cheese margarita Pizza wasnt the usual run of the mill pizza. It was one of the most authentic thin crust plain cheese pizza's I have ever Had

• Dude Fried Mars – Well, a unique dessert, loved by all; a little sweet for my palate. It was served with a chocolate icecream. Guys one recommendation, Try serving this with Vanilla, It may taste nicer.

Over all, a great fiesta – A celebration of some great food amongst friends.


© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
© www.zomato.com/shambavi



























































No comments:

Post a Comment