Translate

Friday 12 September 2014

Veda Cafe - A blend of Antiquity, modernity and great Food - 4/5

Veda café was one of the Ist café’s to open up at the DLF Promenade. Simply put, the decor is gorgeous and the food delicious. The ambiance has a deep French Royalty influence and touch to it, or may I say it even kind of looks like a Maharaja’s castle because its very modern, fashionable  and classy at the same time. 

Veda is a perfect meeting of modernity and antiquity. Beautifully hanged Chandeliers and bright decorative lamps really set the mood for a great experience. The place has everything, from a lounge like atmosphere, dim lights, great furniture, extravagant interiors, and is tastefully decorated. The rustic walls are actually very striking and the Ist thing you notice at Veda, with beautiful fixtures hanging on the walls the whole set up just sweeps you off your feet with its antique yet modern appearance. It feels like an oasis, amongst the chaos of DLF Promenade, so true it’s meditative name.

Its not just any dal roti, tikka shikka kind of a place, it’s a fine dining restaurant in the true sense of the word. Veda offers one of the most creative menus that any restaurant can offer. A combination of Pan Indian cuisine with some great North and south Indian appetizers, street food and some selected great Indian regional fare is on offer. The selection of cocktails and mock tails is simply stupendous. And the spotless service simply makes the experience even more divine. I was on an afternoon out with my mom and my sister and we had a great time and a very memorable experience coupled with some really great food. This is what we had.

  • Virgin Sex on the beach - Well, since I happen to be a cranberry freak, I ordered this drink, and I wasnt disappointed. Loved it. My rating - 4/5
  • Virgin Fruit Mojito - My mom and my sis had this drink, and OMG the drink was a beautiful colourful mocktail, as you can see in the picture. Absolutely refreshingly divine. My rating - 4.5/5
  • Veda Palak Ki Chaat - Awesome! super duper! Deliciously delicious Chaat. My rating -4/5
  • Veda Dahi Ke Kebab - Soft, mushy, creamy, they just melted in my mouth. A vegetarian's must have. Superb Kebab's. My rating 4.5/5'
  • Andhra Pesarattu Dosa - This Moong Dal dosa was unique unlike anything I have had before. Loved the presentation with the chutneys. Superb. My rating 4/5
  • Yenna Rascala Idli - or pickled gun powder idli, was a pleasant surprise. The papad and the chutneys enhanced the idli experience. Very different and unlike any fried Idli I have had before. My rating 4/5
  • Vegetable-Fruit Seekh Kebab- Fruit Seekh Kebab? yes unheard of. And it contains green apple, guava and peach as the ingredients. Very unique and superb in taste. My rating 4/5
  • Chicken Sigdi Tikka- I didnt know a simple marinade of ginger garlic, yoghurt and masala's could make such finger licking juicy chicken tikka's. This one I had is so far the juiciest chicken tikka in town. My rating 4.75/5
  • Mutton Galauti kebab - Served on top of a varki paratha, they were simply divine. Soft and tender and melt in your mouth like cotton candy. My rating 4.5/5
  • Mutton Burra - Oh what a Macho burra, tender, and well cooked, it was just falling off the bone. loved it. My rating 3.5/5
  • Kerala Fish Meal Moily - Ah! loved this coconut flavoured fish gravy. tender and superb. Must have at Veda. My rating 4.75/5
  • Appam - Tasted divine with the Fih moily. My rating - 4/5
  • Jodhpuri mathania - This Mildly spiced Paneer dish was a great twist to our Punjabi karhai Paneer very similar to it, yet different in taste. My rating 3.5/5
  • Mutton Nihari - The best Nihari I have had in Delhi. Mutton so tender, that I could almost cry. Loved the taste of the gravy, Another ust have at veda. My rating 4.75/5
  • Murgh Qorma - A delicately flavoured dish tasting of saffron, but not that great for me, even though my sister loved it. My rating 3.5/5
  • Bombay Falooda- Ah! A fantastic Falooda, reminded me of my trips to Juhu beach. A must have at Veda, highly recommended. My raying 4/5
  • Dal Makhani - Superb - My rating 4/5
  • Coconut Jaggery ice cream- This home made ice cream, is a brilliant dessert. So brilliant in taste and flavour, and so unique. I have never had such a fantastic home made ice cream at any restaurant. The fusion of flavours of coconut with Jaggery is simply divine. They taste so distinct together making this dessert a rock star. My rating 5/5.
Guys! Veda is a great place for some great food and top notch service. Definitely worth a visit for all your special occasions.





























































1 comment:

  1. The pictures have really tempted me to go to Geoffrey's and nourish some of the yummy dishes presented here! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete