Translate

Saturday 27 May 2017

Flying Spaghetti Monster - Visakhapatnam - Pathetically Disappointing


What an over rated place. I had such high hopes owing to the raving reviews of this place online but it just came crashing down. Came crashing down real bad. Zomato, TripAdvisor and other portals online recommended the place very strongly so I guess when a place supposedly screams good food from all directions you will believe what you read and hear unless you eat it for yourself only to decide that it's all a big hoax.

I went to FSM 2 nights ago while I was on a holiday in Visag only to realise this ought to be the worst Italian food I have ever tasted my entire life. The place is small spread across two separate sections of seating and some outside seating as well So seems little cramped up. The ambiance is nothing to talk about actually.

When I was handed over the menus that had names of the dishes mentioned in Italian with descriptions in English, let me tell you the dishes sounded very very promising and mouth watering. Even though I was surprised to see an Italian and Mexican menu combination so I decided to order one Mexican and 2 Italian dishes.

Ordered mozarella wrapped in bacon and a cheesy spinach dip with bread and enchiladas. I thought will order other dishes in mains later. I was shocked to see the portion size of bacon wrapped mozarella. 4 pieces costing 370 bucks really??? How do you decide on the pricing for such a miniscule portion. Also they tasted bland and needed a bit more tabasco.

The salsa spinachi or the supposed creamy spinach dip was watery. I asked the server that it's supposed to be a cheesy dip with a cheesy consistency and not the consistency of milk. He repeatedly kept saying no this is creamy consistency. I kept saying that a cheesy dip is not of a creamy consistency either. Its supposed to be of a cheesy consistency. He did offer to replace it. But even the replaced dip wasn't of a cheesy consistency. I am guessing that cheese is a rare commodity in this Italian place hence they charge you a bomb for whatever little they use in the dishes. A very sad dish for me. The ice tea needed a little more concentrate. It was bland too.

Coming up to the Mexican Enchilada, they were nothing but mushrooms wrapped in a tortilla wrap with three dots of cheese on top. Really? An enchilada without cheese, is almost equivalent to a pizza minus cheese. Jesus. These guys need lessons to cook real Italian food. I have had food in their competitor little Italy in Jaipur and visag and let me tell you that food is your Italian dream come true.

Guys I definitely loathe this place and do not recommend you spend and waste your hard earned money here. 



© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?











No comments:

Post a Comment