Translate

Thursday 26 February 2015

What Sam says about - Dolce Amante, Green Park, 4/5



I was driving past green park while returning home from work and I crossed this pink perky Ptisserie, which had some magnetically sweet aura that I was instantly drawn to it. I fumbled and parked my car at the Ist spot I could lay my eyes on and marched towards the Dolce Vita. In Italian Dolce Vita means - The good life, full of pleasure and indulgence. And this Ptisserie a very sinful pleasurable indulgence for sure. Located in the heart of Green Park main market this patisserie serves cup cakes, tea cakes, biscottis, breads, home made chocolates, tarts, pies, gateauxs, cookies, cheese cakes, fudges, nuts, pralines, breakfast rolls & quesadillas. 

For some reason this place gives you a very La cordon bleu feeling and you feel you are transported in time to a European Ptisserie whether French or Italian, it doesnt matter, but with such beautiful desserts around you, you get a feeling of sheer & utter bliss. For some vague reason I felt like Alice in Wonderland or like Charlie in Willi Wonkas Chocolate Factory. The smell of the bread and pastries alone here will make you think you died and went to france. This place is cosy and old-school, and I thought to myself if their food is as delicious, it will be a special treat to the foodie in muah. 

Everything looked mouth watering; the deep chocolate filled french pastry, with a substantial dash of cream looked perfect and so did the cup cakes with sprinkles and frostings of icing sugar. The home made chocolates were so flamboyantly wrapped in rolls of decorative sheets, whilst the lighter mango cake in the show window seemed the epitome of a delicious world class continental cake. I was so mesmerized and so much in awe of the sweet little beauties surrounding me. I felt like a guy with my mouth open watching Miss universe contestants in the swim suit round. 

And when I began seeing the price tags to all items I thought that in a city filled with home bakers charging exorbitant prices for their baked goods, this place is a fantastic deal. It didnt matter what I ordered they packed the stuff in such beautiful boxes, I felt so pampered. Now getting down to what I ordered to take home for dessert after the daily mundane roti subzi dinner to make it more exciting and hoping to get amour (love) from my amante (lover) ie. my husband :) And trust me we both relived our college romance days when we would sit in a caf sharing a brownie topped with chocolate sauce:-

RED VELVET PUDDING - Mascapone cheese and vanilla custard pudding with a base of red cake crumbs. Great or fantastic would be an understatement if I were to define the taste. I dont have that much of a sweet tooth, for me it was so well balanced so soft, it just was a melt in your mouth buttery dessert. The beautiful yellow mascapony cheesy vanilla custard topped over a red sponge crumbs looked very colourful, beautiful and tasted like heaven.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE - Subway has better choco chip cookies, but this one isnt bad either. Crumby and flaky, dusted with icing sugar around the corners seems like the Ebony And Ivory song - these taste of our childhood - just like the cookies baked in old bakeries in my home town when I was in school. I felt the taste of nostalgia as I melted in the flavour of the chocolate chips.

HOT CHOCO PUDDING - Heated for about 40 - 50 seconds, made me mad thinking what goes into making this really really great dessert. Its something like a chocolate mud pudding with warm melting chocolate sauce topped with some fine nuts with a soft mushy gooey , spongy chocolaty centre. You take a bite and the chocolate just flows into your veins, and turns your blood brown-chocolaty. I felt like a kid when I took my first bite and had the immediate urge to see my teeth full of chocolate in the mirror. And this made the child in me happy, content and made me feel one with my inner self Having read some negative reviews of the place I was a little disappointed, but the place made me happy, may be I picked the right desserts. well, whats an eagles eye for ;). 

Even though I am not a dessert person but truly sometimes the right amount of sweetness in a dessert is enough to relieve you of the stress you get after a 2 hour drive home. This place has become somewhat close to my heart and awakened the child within me which I thought had grown up

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch










No comments:

Post a Comment