Translate

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Calcutta Biryani, Dwarka, a Great Find - 4.5/5


I want to start by saying - What a find! Fabulous and affordable great food, and a typical hole in the wall kind of a place.. As one who has traveled throughout India, and eaten Biryani in the true home of Biryani ie Hyderabad, this is the best Biryani, I have had in Dwarka. The rolls and cutlets don't get any better than this, and the Biryani is just fantastic. The place is a hidden treasure!! Delicious food and awesome service!!

To kill my week long Biryani craving I had to take some drastic measures. Well Desperate times definitely need some desperate measures, so I opened my Zomato App and surfed for some Biryani places closer to home, and I discovered this amazing place that pleasantly surprised me. All I can sum up in one sentence is that they sell the best Biryani one can ever find.

This is a great Biryani House, and they really live up to their name. By far the most delicious Biriyani I've had, delivered hot and fresh at your doorstep. Menu is tastefully done and we tried their chicken biryani which was delicious. Excellent food quality and taste, got good choices of veg and non-veg items and no sooner the food order taken, the order arrived very swiftly, and food was absolutely tasteful and with great portion size as well. The flavors are fantastic, and authentic. There are three dishes that I highly recommend:

· Royal Chicklen Biryani - their signature dish. A mound of flavored basmati rice with Chicken pieces mixed in. This dish has more than rice and chicken, its a mountain of Indian Biryani perfection. So mild, so flavourful, so aromatic and simply delicious.

· Paneer Butter Masala: perfectly buttery, creamy, flavorful, and ohhhh so yummy! Served with their signature Porotha. Portion was pretty good, we ate the whole thing . It was a perfect creamy gravy with a good level of spiciness and was not oily at all, like similar dishes from other places.

· Mutton Rezala - This dish was spectacular! I don't usually try mild gravy dishes without onion and tomato gravy, but the way the Rezala was prepared it was simply perfection. It was wonderful because the mild flavour didn't overwhelm the flavor of the mutton. The mutton was cooked to perfection, so soft, so juicy, it simply fell off the bone and melted in our mouth

The food was GREAT and I cleaned my plate to the very last drop of curry and biryani. I will definitely order again and I recommend you guys giving this place a try if you've overlooked it before. It's definitely a 5 star experience and some heavenly food. 

Contact details -- Shop 30, Vardhman Star Citi Mall, Sector 7, Dwarka, New Delhi; 011 65185131
+91 9654782188

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/






No comments:

Post a Comment