Translate

Friday 13 February 2015

Pink Box - The Pink Perky cute Bakery - 4.5/5


Pink, perky and girlish this pastry shop / bakery is a cute 1.5 year old baby called Pink Box located in Hauz Khas. Its a picture perfect bakery, the very sight of which is truly delightful to ones senses. The shop stocks sweet nothings and sweet somethings for every taste and age group. 

Behind every man who says I have a salt tooth, stands another man, telling him that he's wrong; oh so utterly and completely wrong, because unless one does not utilize that sweet tooth to take a bite, one wouldn't even know that it exists within us. 

You know its funny that when I entered the bakery I heard Julie Andrews in my mind singing the song from the famous movie "the sound of music" and my head almost had a cloud which had lyrics written on it and I could hear Julie Andrews sing to me "Rain drops, on roses and whiskers on Kittens, Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens; Brown paper packages tied up with strings These are a few of my favorite things. " 

And I felt like a school girl once again with two pony tails tied neatly in pink ribbons, holding a lick lolly in my hand and wearing a pink frilled frock and bright pink shoes. And suddenly the salesman burst the cloud on my head and said yes mam what would you like to order today? Well, I thought I didn't know coz I could see such a gamut of bright and fresh bakery products that I was so confused. And after exchanging looks with the cheese cakes and the tarts and the cup cakes I finally zeroed down to four items even though they had a lot on offer - chocolates, cookies, brownies, puddings, cakes, pastries etc etc. 

Finally I took home 4 items:- 

> Chocolate fudge - The temptress, is what I would call this sweet dazzling diamond of a pudding. Muddy chocolaty sweet melt your heart pudding with a nutty crust, all set to sweep you off your feet and make you believe in God's miracles again.

> Lemon tart - Very lemony (obviously), tangy, hard hitting tart. Not for the faint hearted (just kidding!) if you love the zesty lemon flavour, this is the tart for you.

> The Divine choc - Very aptly named as the divine choc. Very soft, very gooey, very very tasty. I recommend you heat it for 15 sec in the micro to feel this divine creation do its real magic on your palate.

> Rum ball - Would have loved it if the name was Choco ball or chocolate bomb or something. Because I could taste everything in it, just that I think they drank all the rum themselves and forgot to put any in the rum ball, and named it rum ball nevertheless. Funny, that it didn't taste of rum even remotely. The only negative I encountered in this place.

A must visit bakery over all. I loved it, and relived my fairy-tale memories, I am sure you will too. Do drop in if you cross Haus Khas.

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch







No comments:

Post a Comment