Translate

Sunday 22 February 2015

Sai Mandir Chaat Wala, DLF Phase-3 - Gurgaon -4.5/5



We Indian’s literally thrive on street food. What Bhel Puri and sev poori is to Mumbai, Gol Gappa and Bhalla Papdi is to Northern India. We north Indian’s cannot survive a week without a street food and chaat escapade. Even though I am almost middle aged, my heart and my taste buds still control my mind and literally drag me out of my house force me to drive the car to get my hands on a plate of Gol Gappa. I am such a chaat freak that I have almost had chaat at every famous and infamous Chaat wala in my city and serendipity recently made me discover this amazingly great Chaat Place.

Simple, unpretentious, unambitious is how I will describe these two boys who put up this Chaat Cart outside Sai Mandir in DLF Phase 3 next to the DLF Club. I discovered this place by chance while crossing the Sai Mandir several times and I realized this big magnitude of people always standing around the cart and eating Gol Gappa, Bhalla Paapdi, Tikki and even Aaloo ki Chaat. The mesmerizing expressions on each of their faces was the sole reason that one day I decided to stop, park my car and walk up to the cart myself and relish what I saw other’s enjoying to the fullest.

You may call it a “Herd Mentality”, but my belief is that the taste buds of so many people clubbed together ought to be right, that’s why all of them get that weak in the knees expression while savouring the Guy’s chaat. As I ordered my Ist plate of Gol Gappa’s with much anticipation and excitement I felt like a small kid standing at a candy bar. The Ist taste of the Sooji Gol gappa – Divine! The imli ka meetha Pani – Super Divine.

I even asked the chaat wala, what does he call his Shop and he said “Madam we have not kept a name for our cart, we are operating and selling like hot cakes with the blessings of Shri Sai”

I was speechless when I tasted the Papdi, Aaloo Chaat and Tikki, superbly done comparable and actually better than what much bigger and better looking places offer.

As I paid the meagre bill, I thanked my lucky stars to have discovered this place. And today, I have lost count of the number of times I have visited this place post office hours with my colleagues, subordinates and friends to savour his amazing chaat.

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
© www.zomato.com/shambavi






















No comments:

Post a Comment