Translate

Thursday 28 May 2015

Pablo - The Art of Food - 4/5

I have dined at Pablo twice and since it is your BYOB kind of a place, liquor is not your only incentive to come and eat here. You can actually enjoy some real good food too with your glass of beer. I was introduced to Pablo by my favorite food Group #TDFc when the place was hosting a Kashmiri food Festival during the winter months. And if and when there is Kashmiri Khana cooking anywhere I have to surely visit and give my so called expert comments. 

I heard that the passionate owner Rajeev who loves to to travel is fond of kashmiri food himself so had got Kashmiri Cooks or Waza's from Kashmir and experimented hosting a Kashmiri meal at the restaurant. When I arrived at Pablo, I loved the court yard style Al-fresco sitting in the sun. One can sit out enjoy the sun sip beer and enjoy some great food at Pablo. 


Since this was a a set menu it had some amazing options like Kakur Yakhni (Chicken Yakhni), Roganjosh, Masch (meat Balls), haaq Saag, Ledir Chaman (Paneer), dum aaloo and Mooli ki Chatni. As we all sat and filled our plates seating in the sun, and I took my first bite of each dish, I was transported in time to jammu and fondly remembered my mom and the awesome food she makes. I must admit the food was authentic to the core from the gravy's to the use of all traditional masalas in the gravies, the taste, the look and everything in each dish - Absolutely authentic Kashmiri. 


I was with my in-laws and my husband and they have tasted some real authentic Kashmiri food and they were all full of praises for the food. Too bad the cooks had left post making the food, I would have loved to meet them and thank them in person. 


The next time I visited Pablo was with a group of friends and we went one evening to have some real food. When I saw the menu I was startled to see a 10 plus page menu with so many options. Menu is very very impressive and food is more interesting than what the menu shows. We decided on ordering some cheese Nacho's, Chicken Tandoori momos and some Garlic cheese corn balls along with some Peanut Masala.


I absolutely adored the Garlic cheese corn balls and the Chicken Tandoori momos, so much so that we ended up ordering 3 portions each of these. The service is great and so is the food. I am definitely coming back time and again. But it makes me sad to hear the place is going to be shut soon.


© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
© www.zomato.com/shambavi






















No comments:

Post a Comment