Translate

Sunday 11 October 2015

Theobroma Mumbai : Truly the Food of the Gods - 4/5



Theobromha today is a bakery cum café chain operating out of Mumbai . I would have to put my foot down and say that this place is not only a world class bakery but also a superb café. Located in the heart of colaba you just have to stop by and grab a bite at Theobromha. Very true to their punchline their food is truly Food of the Gods. 

Even though the café in Colaba is not very huge, yet its cute and it can satisfy the hunger of the dessert animal in you. I was in Mumbai some time back and post a session of heavy meal and drinks at Café Leopold we headed to Theobromha for a dessert rendezvous. And damn am I glad that I did.

The café is pretty in green and pink and has a mouthwatering display of beautifully decorated cakes, cookies, cupcakes, breads and what not. If you wish to sit and catch up with friends then this may be the ideal place for you. 

The menu is pretty vast and they serve some great breakfast options, sandwiches, rolls and some superb beverages too. I felt like a kid as I stood in front of the display window admiring the beautiful cakes and cup cakes. Everything looked so beautiful and tempting that I even forgot I had eaten a heavy dinner. Throwing caution to the winds, we grabbed a table and placed our order for a red velvet cup cake, coffee, Devils Mousse cake and an opium cake.

Well It would be criminal to say that all three were nice, because they were spectacular. I so wish I hadn’t had a meal before visiting the café, otherwise I would have definitely tried the most talked about brownies in town. I also hear that they have introduced red velvet brownies and sell various types of brownies as Brownie in a box packaging an d they are truly something to kill for. So next time I am travelling to Mumbai, remember to place your orders in advance to me so that I can bring you a brownie box myself.


Theobromha is definitely worth a visit whether you in Colaba or in Mumbai since they have a number of outlets spread across the city today. 

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout



























No comments:

Post a Comment