Translate

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Foodopia - A pleasant surprise - 3/5


All couples fight, so we fought and I was angry, so in order to ease the tension my husband decided to take me out for dinner. And since 100% of the time we decide to go out, I am the one making dinner plans and since I was fuming angry, I decided to keep mum and let my husband decide what was the very first time where he would take me for dinner. 

The first restaurant he recommended was a small time Thai cafe near our place and it seemed to have shut down and ouch was he so so conscious because he had recommended the place. And suddenly he said lets go to Dwarka Sector 7 and one of his colleagues had recommended a new place and we decided to visit Foodopia. 

Located on the Ist floor this no frills attached place is not your usual fine dine. The Ist look at the place and you actually wonder have you made the right choice by visiting here. But then your head tells you its always about the food and you think what the heck lets sit back and order. 

Our not so polished server came and handed over the menu's and I was amused to see Indian, chinese and Thai options all in the same menu. Even though I was so dead sure the Thai food here will be a disaster I still decided on ordering the Thai Green Curry with steam rice and Chicken Steamed Dimsums. 

The order came in pretty swiftly. The dimsums were nice with the chilli sauce. And Damn I was so wrong about the Green Curry. It was not 100% authentic yet the kaffir lime leaves had somewhat made it 70% authentic in taste, even though I was suspicious of the use of spinach puree for the green colour. But hey, it all boils down to taste, doesnt it? The taste was nice and the serving of chicken for the price was pretty impressive too. 

And what's nice is that the food was so so light on our tummies and pockets and the bill wasn't even 800 bucks.

Well, this is one place you might try if you have run out of options, and what do you know you just might be pleasantly surprised, like I was.

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?










No comments:

Post a Comment