Translate

Friday 9 December 2016

Madhuban Sattvic Restaurant - Gurgaon


  I had been wanting to visit Madhuban ever since I saw the outlet in Cross point mall months ago while dining at the Pasta Bowl Company. So since I turned a vegetarian months ago, this place was an obvious choice when we wanted to take our vegetarian parents out for dinner. Located on the 2nd floor of the mall, Madhuban is not your usual south Indian place with the regular vada's, dosa's or Idli's. Madhuban is a Sattvik place which means NONG - no onion no garlic. Absolutely nil. Not only that if you see their menu options their menu is different than the Sagar Ratna's and the Naivedyam's. 

The outlet is very colourfully done and there is ample seating space. And looking at the menu I was smiling since I could also see some Andhra options on the menu. And then I reaslied they even have an Andhra Thali with unlimited helpings. Well as Delhiites we are so used to the Andhra Bhawan Thali so this place definitely had some big shoes to fill because we unanimously decided to go for the Andhra Thali. 

Well if you have dined at Andhra Bhawan I am sure you are used to the rocketing speed udipi style service. This is what made me rate them slightly less. The staff is fairly new and could be trained better and the speed of the service could definitely improve. The staff is not very vigilant and takes time to re-fill your poori's and Rice. Taste wise this Thali is definitely comparable and may be a little better than Andhra Bhawan since they also serve some starters with the Thali and lemon rice as well. The Dahi and Korma were fabulous. The gun powder lacked that usual Andhra kick though. But at 350 plus tax per person this Thali is a rockstar and definitely a hit. 

My parents enjoyed their meal as much as I did and a meal for 3 people costed us a meagre amount of Rs 1120/- which was definitely a plus. 


The second time, I visited I tried their yummy rasam, Dosa's, idiappam and Thali again. Loved it . Guys I definitely give a thumbs up to Madhuban if you are bored of the usual pizza pasta kinda places 


© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?
© Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout


























No comments:

Post a Comment