Translate

Sunday 4 December 2016

Cascades - The Grand Vasant Kunj Delhi - My average meal expereice.


I will sum up my review in one sentence - A great looking place with average food. I was attending a business meeting in Vasant Kunj one evening and the meeting stretched making me miss my Lunch. And having realised that the Grand is in the vicinity I decided to make it my pitstop for a late Lunch. 

The grand is a beautiful property in Vasant Kunj and the cascades is the in house 24 hour coffee shop located at the lobby level. The ambiance deserves a very special mention because it is stunning as hell and world class or should I got above and beyond and call it class apart than most 5 star coffee shops in the city. 

If you see the top view of the coffee shop in my pictures you would realise the intricate detailing in designing the interiors and how stunning it looks when you loom down from the lobby. Amazingly I was the only customer visiting at 5 in the evening so I found myself a place pretty easily. 

The server seemed to be a trainee and was a little lost. I asked if they made fresh fruit smoothies or use a concentrate, he was clueless. He went to enquire and came back and told me they made fresh fruit smoothies. So I placed my order of a strawberry smoothie and a freshly made goat cheese salad. 

The order took a while to arrive considering I was the only one the chefs were cooking for. The goat cheese salad had a very tiny portion and it seemed that the goat cheese was miserly put. I thought the salad was called goat cheese salad so the main ingredient would be goat cheese and goat would not merely be a garnish. But to my utter disappointment the goat cheese was a dash of garnish in the salad. 

The smoothie however was fantastic. Thick and fresh and fabulous. I didn't care to have dessert. But for a meal in a 5 star ambiance I thought I would have expected much more. Not sure if I will give them another try.



© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?
© Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout


























No comments:

Post a Comment