Translate

Friday 10 October 2014

California Pizza Kitchen - - 4.5/5


Well people!! Good news!!!

California pizza kitchen is running an International Pizza and Beer Carnival starting as we speak for the next ten days. Isn't this a wow moment for pizza and beer lovers? If ur a lover of both then this is the right reason for you to be there. Even if you are a fan of even one of these - Pizza or beer I can just close my eyes and tell you that this Pizza and beer festival is unlike anything you would have seen before. 

An international Pizza and Beer menu covering 8 amazing countries that offer such a wide variety in taste and flavors not only in pizza fare but also in the beer menu as well. Well the Chef's have hand crafted a very unique and innovative pizza variety unique to 8-9 countries namely – Belgium, Italy, Germany, India, China, Holland, Mexico, USA and United Kingdom, and the good news is there’s ample to choose from both in the veg and non veg categories. And they have picked and chosen 8 different regional beers to complement the lip smacking cheesy, yummy pizza's. The menu has the best beer’s right from Heineken to Corona to Peroni and other big names from all these countries. Its such an exciting offer that you cannot afford to miss. Just go and enjoy the Pizza’s and beer and love Sam for recommending this to you.

I was in Cyber hub last night with a bunch of hungry foodie friends and it was indeed a pleasant surprise to encounter this carnival at CPK. We went in and were greeted by the aroma of freshly baked cheesy pizza’s and damn, we felt more hungry. As soon as the menu was handed over to us, we jumped when we read the explanation of all the pizza’s. The pizza toppings are unlike anything you have heard or seen before. From a Fish & Chips pizza to a Burger Pizza, you are going to be swept off your feet by what the fest has to offer. And of of course there are their famous red velvet cakes and tira Misu  that ensure a gala end to an already extraordinary meal. This was my 2nd visit to CPK and I can close my eyes and say that I was more than happy I went and ate. All my friends who were dying to eat some great food and enjoy some awesome beer loved me for taking them to CPK. Can u believe we almost tried all the pizza's on offer in the festival. Well, Almost!! Just missed two, and I swear to try the other two when I will b back for the fest. So judgment time- this is what we hogged.

Ø  Rookwurst Pizza – Holland -  Obviously take a Heineken to complement this pizza and I was blown away by the toppings of sliced onions, pork salami, smoky bratwurst sausage and a generous sprinkle of mozzarella and dutch Gouda cheese on top and herbs. Yummy to the core, and the bratwurst sausage really stole my heart. My rating 4/5       

Ø  Kasundi Paneer Pizza – India - Ah! I loved it. The toppings had a trio of Cottage cheese, roasted peppers and tomatoes marinated in Indian spiced mustard sauce on a brilliant crust. The pizza astonishingly has a garnish of Coriander over a mozzarella top. Mind blowing is the word for it. My rating 4.5/5. One of the best vegetarian Pizza’s I have ever eaten.

Ø  Capriciossa Pizza - Italy– The brilliant crust having a sprinkle of Belgian Pomodoro and mozzarella then topped with artichokes, kalamata olives and mushrooms. And what enhances the flavor is the sprinkle of parmesan with Mozarella on top with fresh basil. Ah! I felt like Alice in Wonderland when I tasted the pizza. My rating – 4.5/5

Ø  Brussles Pizza – Belgium – Now this was the Pizza of the day for me. Brilliant, superbly done, the best pizza I have ever had ever ever in my entire petty life. The pizza has my favorite pesto marinara sauce, spinach, sliced mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, mozzarella and yummy parmesan making this a stupendous pizza. For me it has to be a 5/5.

Ø  Cheese Burger Pizza – USA – Chunky Chicken in the form of mini burger patties, caramelized onions sliced mozzarella gherkins and cheddar on top. As soon as you take your Ist bite, you forget you are eating a Pizza, you know you are definitely eating a burger. And the coleslaw sits nicely in the centre of this unique pizza. Loved it. My rating 4/5

Ø  Fish & Chips Pizza – United Kingdom – Well! No prizes for guessing that this is a British favorite and these 2 ingredients on a pizza, well, absolutely unthinkable yet so brilliant. Loved what I ate and the sprinkle of CPK’s tartare sauce, mozzarella cheese, onion rings, fried fish chunks and capers. And the burger centre had a handful of French fries. Ah! Bliss, that’s all I can say about this pizza. My rating 4/5       

Ø  Beijing style Pizza – China – The Ist bite tells you, I am Chinese. Loved the unique flavor that the soy and garlic flavored mushrooms bring in to the pizza. Baby corn, bell pepper and Shitake cooked over a schezwan sauce garnished with scallions over a pizza base topped with mozzarella. Absolutely delicious. My rating – 4.5/5

Ø  The beer’s my friends wanted me to make a special mention were Peroni (Italy), Schnieder Weisse (German) and Tsing Tao (Chinese), and they said they complemented their respective Pizza categories really well.

Ø  And yes the Tira Misu and Red Velvette are fab

Guys, its the festival season, go out celebrate over beer & Pizza, and ensure a rocking festive season. Happy Diwali People.
























































3 comments: