Translate

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Gula - A Sad thing they call a Bakery - 2/5 - AVOIDABLE


Firstly, I do not understand the name. Secondly I want to stop only at that. This colourful bakery attracted me towards it and I was instantly drawn to it only to feel bad about visiting it in the first place. 

Even though its very prominently located and is quite bright that you may never miss it whenever you are in the vicinity, what actually goes inside is not a true reflection of what you see outside.

The place has beautiful pictures of food most of which is neither on the menu nor is ever available. The staff is worse than a Dhaba’s staff in the way they talk and treat customers. Most of their stuff is never available making you feel like a fool when you begin ordering. Most of the time the staff is clueless, and the other no of times the stuff is unavailable.

It’s surprising though that the show window is very catchy, with quite contemporary looking bakery produce. I had ordered myself a chocolate mousse and a vegetable roll. I wanted a burger, but alas, again it wasn’t available. Nevertheless As I began walking out, I saw that their supplier had come with stacks and crates of baked items. And OMG they were lying outside uncovered in the dust on the road. I was startled at the unprofessional and unhygienic way the perishable, edible food was being handled. Sadly I had taken the food, and hoped it was worth the trouble and expense of taking the food. The Roll was pretty average in taste even though it tasted fresh and the mousse was also just ok, nothing exceptional. 

Welcome Gula for entering the run of the mill avoidable bakeries in town. I left pledging never to return to food dealt with such hygiene standards.


© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
© www.zomato.com/shambavi















No comments:

Post a Comment