Translate

Saturday 21 March 2015

What Sam says about - Whipped, GK2-4.5/5


My mouth can still taste the sweetness of the desserts while I am writing this review. Oh my God! I have no words to describe my heavenly experience at Whipped tonight while returning home from work. 

Located just at the beginning of GK-2 a little ahead of DT cinemas, this place is not quite hard to find. You park, you climb the small staircase and there it is, the gateway to the heaven of true Americano desserts. The place is cute and cozy, and is more like a dessert café with some seating outside. But looking at the variety on the menu, I have a big confession to make - I am yet to see such a world class bakery in Delhi service such unique items, that are mostly either unthinkable or unheard of. 

I was startled as I was discovering their unique and creative dessert inventions. I must confess however that I had read a lot about this place on Zomato from my fellow foodies, so I just had to go and see it and taste it by myself to believe what I had read and heard. 

Desserts cannot get more creative than this. period! Nutella cheese cake - unthinkable, unheard of, but made at whipped, must try and I strongly recommend it. Newyork cheese cake and blueberry cheese cake, yes the offer was tempting but I passed. Oh god, you ought to check out the lemon Cheese cake, very tastefully piped with lemon flavoured whipped topping and to die for. The very sight of the thing is enough to melt your heart and your very soul and your entire being.

The variety of the truffles, fudges, brownies, quiche's, tarts, pizza's and sandwiches is immense. For the main meal I stuck to ordering a chicken bagel and mozzarella cheese sticks for the sides. Bagel is so full of cheese, oh yes! melting, gooey, oozing cheese. The cheese and the chicken in the bagel just accentuate your palate and you are elevated and you cant feel your feet, you feel as though you are in the air. No, I am not exaggerating, that's exactly what I felt. 

Cheese sticks, great, but had they been served straight from the fryer, and hotter than they were, they would have been even more killer than they were. Must try item again at whipped. I topped my meal with a fudge brownie! Not too sweet or loaded with sugar, just perfect, as it should be. I was so tempted to try their wide bouquet of coffees, but may be definitely next time. 

The ice cream flavors served here deserve a special mention and top my charts of unthinkable, unheard of most creative flavors. 

1. Baileys - (yes! baileys irish cream flavoured liquor) - tastes divine. Must try


2. Baileys-Kahlua (flavoured both with baileys and Kahlua coffee and chocolate liquors), great flavour


3.Cheese cake icecream - Oh god! So sinful and yummilicious


4.Snickers Flavor - (yes! the snickers chocolate you and I love) unthinkable to see this flavour, tastes fab

All in all a great dessert café with a fantastic array of desserts. Full crowd applause guys! Keep up the good work, and yes, you are definitely better than the bakery next door, and better than the best! 

Whipped - A SWEET place I recommend without a doubt over any 5 star bakery in Delhi. Only one thing is that the place is a little expensive, but I guess we all are willing to pay if the food tastes great, right?


© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch © http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/

© What Sam says about________ ?



© What Sam says about________ ?


© What Sam says about________ ?
© What Sam says about________ ?
© What Sam says about________ ?

© What Sam says about________ ?


© What Sam says about________ ?
© What Sam says about________ ?
© What Sam says about________ ?

© What Sam says about________ ?
© What Sam says about________ ?

No comments:

Post a Comment