Translate

Saturday 21 March 2015

French or Belgian, You'll love Belgian Fries anyways - 3.5/5


Well, French or Belgian, fries have always fascinated me. It wouldn’t make much of a difference to my foodie belly or my palate if fries were French, Belgian, or even Arabic and African, coz I would love them anyway. For some vague reason this has just reminded me of that famous song by Michael Learns to Rock which I loved as a teenager “I am not an actor, I am not a star, and I don’t even have my own car, But I am hoping so much you will stay and You will love me ANYWAY”.

I have always loved fries, even though deep inside they make me feel guilty every time I eat them, thinking about the carb content. But I try to kill the guilt by topping a bowl of fries with Diet coke. I love them with cheese, with Mayo, with sour cream, with salsa and what not. I was in Holland a couple of years ago and that too in the month of February in peak winters. It was snowing and in that cold, what came to my rescue were these roadside hawkers and food stalls that would sell mayo, or thousand island coated French fries in paper cones, hot and fresh. The feeling of having piping hot fries topped with a sauce in peak winters when your entire being is freezing, is absolutely indescribable.

I had the same feeling about having French fries when I had them at Belgian fries company this winter. They have a number of options to choose from the toppings you can add on them. You can choose from 10 very interesting dips as toppings. Very unique ones include wasabi mayo, cheese and lemon herb. So here I was at their counter in Pacific mall in subhash Nagar and I was instantly drawn to their counter, and I ordered myself a bowl of fries, lasagne and Chicken tenders.

The fries were nice and crisp and the dip simply elevated the fries experience to the next level. The Lasagne was nice, cheesy and had a good quantity of chicken inside, not a great Lasagne but not a bad one either. Also the chicken tenders with the dip were extremely awesome. Its nice to know they also sell hotdogs, other pasta's, as well as some nice icy soda’s. Their staff is friendly but still needs a little bit of polish. Otherwise their stuff doesn't fail to impress you at all.


A place I will recommend which pleases your senses only because its different than your usual Haldiram, Bikaner type of papdi, dhokla kinda snacks and yes even though they come loaded with calories they make the foodie deep inside of you really really happy and satisfied.

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/






















No comments:

Post a Comment