Translate

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Coopers Bar & Grill - A Great American Diner - 4.5/5




Wow, I am impressed!! They say big things come in small packages, but I would say great and big things like Coopers come in big packages. Had gone with my husband for lunch on a lazy Saturday afternoon  to unwind and relax, and let me make an honest confession - Coopers really swept me off my feet. I am so glad such world class places are coming up in our city which offer some great food and drinks in a great ambiance coupled with world class service. Unlike other pubs in Gurgaon like striker or Manhattan or Club Rhino etc, this place has ample parking space, and the choice of food and beverages is even better. Friendly service coupled with a wide selection and reasonable prices makes coopers a great catch. 

This place is a hidden gem offering an incredible menu of food and drinks. Menu is class apart with some great Meat Grills and great American Bar food. One can almost picture the complete dish while reading the menu. Coopers is Primarily an American Grill and only a few odd items being of European and Indian influence. Dishes are well crafted and the presentation of each dish is superb. The cocktails deserve a special mention. Love their presentation and character and the fact that the Bartender knows his drinks so well. Loved his confidence when I was bombarding him with silly questions. 

The place is really huge and can accommodate nearly a hundred people at a time and I really mean that and has a typical Americanized bar ambiance, the true feel of an American diner.  Love the barbecue equipment at the entrance and the lovely lawn at the entrance which by the way is so inviting forcing you to throw a barbecue in the winter sun and savor some awesome grills. They have seating both indoors and outdoors. Can't wait to come back and sit on their outdoor patio. The Bar counter overlooks the huge seating and one can enjoy the exciting show the bar tender puts up juggling a cocktail shaker from one hand to another. 

The service was prompt, efficient and friendly, and extremely hospitable and courteous. The service staff was knowledgeable and professional. I have been to Smokey's and I know they are great too, but Coopers earns some brownie points over them since their service is more personalized. The owner Sidharth was an absolute gem! He steered us towards some amazing cocktails and gave valid advice on what to order from the menu. Its great that he pays a lot of attention to the restaurant and most importantly personalised attention to all guests. He also interacts with the customers to take their feedback and takes really good care of you throughout your meal. 

Coming to taste - the food was delicious and freshly prepared. Loved everything I had, especially the Chimmichuri coated prawns and the 8 hour slow cooked short ribs. It goes without saying that they use some great cooking techniques to produce some really great dishes which are truly unique and you may not find them any where else on any other menu in the city. My husband who has been here before said that the food is consistently good and a great value for the price. 

The Place has to be without a doubt your weekday or weekend party destination. Hit coopers for a reasonable set lunch menu or even for a couple of drinks post office hours and the place will never fail to impress you. The place sometimes also hosts special comedy nights, Sufi and retro nights by some great DJs ensuring you have a great time. Monday is BOGO day. ie buy one get one on food and IMFL all day. Isn't that superb? They also host ladies and gentleman nights on Thursdays where Ladies get free drinks and gentleman get great discounts. Wow, the place is a complete package.

So this is what we had:-

  • Watermelon Martini - A beautiful looking refreshing drink which just set the mood for an awesome meal. My rating 4/5
  • White Melon Sangria - One of the best I have had in the city. My rating 4/5
  • Green Apple Mojito - What a Super cocktail!! Whoa, loved it absolutely. My rating - 4/5 
  • Keema Pao Sliders - My first time having Keema Pao sliders and man I was impressed! Keema was heavenly and the buns wee so soft and mushy. A must have at Coopers. My rating 5/5
  • Barbequed Chicken Wings - Juicy succulent wings that go well with whatever you drink. My rating 4/5
  • Fish Satay - A part of the Sliders, Soft ,cooked to perfection the fish stole my heart. My rating 4/5
  • Chimmichuri spiced prawns -   An absolute must have at Coopers and a great Argentinian chimichurri recipe that makes the prawns an absolute delight to have. My rating 4.5/5
  • Prawn Ceaser Salad - My first time having a Prawn ceaser and I loved it. Period. My rating 5/5
  • Taco's Vs Basa - Crushed spiced Nachos on top of Basa topped with a lemon and dill sauce is divine beyond comprehension. Crushed Nachos - A great twist to the dish. Wild rice served as an accompaniment is fab too. My rating 4/5
  • Short Ribs - 8 hour slow cooked ribs taste marvellous with a horse radish flavoured mash topped with jux. Another must have here. My rating 4.5/5
  • Creme Brulee - one of the best in the city . My rating 4.5/5
  • New York Cheese Cake - Topped with an awesome black current sauce, this one was heaven personified. Soft and heavenly. My rating 4/5


Sam says the place is a must go for anyone who is looking for a great place to savour American cuisine. 

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/





















































No comments:

Post a Comment