Translate

Sunday 22 March 2015

SAM ENJOYING world cuisine@ ENGLISH TADKA, DELHI - 3.5/5


i have been dying to write this review ever since I returned home after this fabulous elaborate luncheon at the English Tadka yesterday. Honest to the core of my heart confession - I am in love with this place. Places like this prove just one simple point that great a meal is not only about great tasting food or about the great place that you go to, to eat the great food. But it is about the entire meal experience, its about the tireless effort of the entire F&B and the kitchen staff to make that meal personalized and a memorable experience for you. And that is what English Tadka for me was all about - A complete fine dining meal experience. 

It was just close family over Lunch that we decided to precede our afternoon matinee movie show with a fabulous and elaborate Lunch to celebrate the occasion. We had to catch the movie at the wave cinemas Rajouri Garden so we were at ET in the same mall. Located on the first floor, the place is quite tastefully done. The ambience and the complete feel of the place is very striking, even though they could work a bit more on the ambiance. The Elaborate bar counter is located on the left hand corner of the restaurant which is about a 50 cover restaurant. I simply loved the framed movie posters on the walls giving the place a great Bollywood feel.

Full marks for welcoming us with a cold towel. And then the restaurant manager came and introduced himself and assured us that he is around if we needed anything. We started with drinks, and amongst other drinks we ordered virgin mojito and I ordered an apple Martini. The minute I sipped the martini garnished with a lemon swirl, I was in love. Love with my martini. Great in taste, balanced amount of alcohol and the green apple concentrate. Bingo!

Starters arrived with the bruschetta. The chef came and recommended we try the bruschetta with a dash of olive oil on top. Oh my god! The dash of olive oil and the basil on the toasted bread was just divine. I was quite impressed when chef told us that they bake their own bread. Then came the stuffed mushrooms that were oozing with melted cheese. I have no words to describe the pleasure of eating these cheezy jewels. A must try at this restaurant.

Vegetable drumsticks had a great touch of being fried with a lemon grass stick that gives it the mild flavour of lemon grass. Chef Lall absolutely love your detailing in the recipes. The Mutton Galawati Kebab had a special spice called "Lazzat-e-Tam", which I might add does definitely add the great flavour to the galawati. Although one recommendation here. Galawati could have been softer. I am so used to having the Galawti kebab melt in my mouth. 

The mutton Gola Kebab was simply super, a great no frills attached, non flashy tasty to the core Kebab. Must have again. The mains we had had a mix of cuisines of what this place is actually about - European, Oriental and Indian. 

The Fettuccini farmhouse was simply a delight. So perfect, so subtle, so delicate in flavour. The best fettuccini I have ever had. I just loved the sauce, so rich, so creamy, truly authentic. I could taste the fabulous taste of the olive oil in the Fettuccini. The noodles really complemented the Tofu in Peanut sauce. The peanut sauce was a very different great touch to this oriental dish. 

Indian mains stole the show. Laal Maas with roti was simply lip smacking. So was the Paneer Chole with rice, a very different twist to the chole. We were so stuffed by the end of the meal but still we went ahead with the chefs recommendations and had my all favourite blueberry cheese cake. I loved the berry compote on top and the cheese cake was unlike the many average ones I have had in Delhi. This one was what I will call a divine cheese cake, above all, above the best of the best. Another interesting item I had was the Gulukand Kulfi, my god! a fantastic concept, and the gulukand just enhances the flavour of the kulfi. The chef also recommended rice aur khajoor ki Kheer and said the kheer is cooked with honey. I can beyond doubt say that it was the best Kheer ever, the dates had certainly added great flavour to it. 

I am so floored by the service staff's efficiency, and such great service and hospitality that I felt I was at a private party. I couldn't believe the chef took out time and explained what went into each dish. Hats off for such an elaborate 3 cuisine menu. 

Final verdict:--

Bruschetta - 4.75/5 (The basil and the dash of olive oil really worked for my palate)


Stuffed Mushrooms - 5/5 (freshly made crumbs that coated the mushrooms and the cheese just did the trick)


Vegetable Drum sticks - 3.5/5 (the extra flavour of the drumsticks enhanced this creative item)


Mutton Galawati - 3.5/5 (Lazzat E Tam did add the flavour, but could be slightly softer)


Mutton Gola Kebab - 4/5 (Great in taste and flavoursome)


Fettuccini - 5/5 (great sauce, great pasta, fab olive oil) 


Tofu in peanut sauce - 3.5/5 (great sauce)


Laal Maas - 3.5/5 (Would recommend a boneless version too, great flavorful gravy)


Paneer chole - 4/5 (Thick gravy, and the paneer as the twist in taste was great) 


Blueberry cheese cake - 4/5 (great berry compote)


Gulukand Kulfi - 4.5/5 (I regret not having it before in my lifetime, I am taking some home next time)


Khajoor ki Kheer - 4/5 (Loved the presentation of saffron sprig on top)

All in all a very memorable Lunch and ET will always be special to me for the special meal I had at this special place where great personalised service truly enhances your meal experience. You have to try it to believe it. So what are you waiting for?


© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch




















No comments:

Post a Comment