Translate

Monday 16 March 2015

Masabaa - The Treasury - Chic Fine Dine- 4/5

I cannot imagine the number of restaurants that have mushroomed in west Delhi in the last couple of years. I am a west Deli-ite and I am proud of this fact, yet for us having a great meal a couple of years ago meant only CP or south Delhi or even gurgaon. Palatial interiors, Royal look and feel, glittering scintillating ambiance, nice food and great service make Masabaa one of the greatest fine dine destinations in the city.

Masabaa in African means revolutionary, and so true to its meaning, Masabaa is all set to revolutionize the fine dine culture in our city with its extravagance and massiveness. It is that place you always desire to spend that special occasion savouring some special food. It is the place you wish to spend a quiet evening with your friends, family or that special someone. The lavishness, the ornateness and the flamboyance and the exuberance of the place leaves a lasting impression on you.  

I was meeting a friend of mine who was visiting from London and who stays very close to Masabaa in Punjabi Bagh recommended we meet at this restaurant. Even though I had my serious doubts about the place because most of the Zomato reviews are very misleading on the food and the service. But I am glad I stuck to my friends decision and opened my horizons towards fine dining at Masabaa. 

Thank God they have a valet parking. I cannot imagine any restaurant in Punjabi Bagh without Valet Parking. Going to the ambiance - The exterior façade is very classy and impressive. The place is divided into 3 tiers. The place is divided into 3 tiers. One floor the second floor has the fine dine space, the floor above that is a club lounge and they have a huge roof top sky bar (which is still getting done, and I can only imagine how cool it would look when its complete). 

The interiors are very chic and classy just like a Royal Ball room or a 5 star Banquet. Lavish lush chandeliers hang on all tables. There is ample lighting. The  place is done in Gold colour and looks like a treasure room - just like the name suggests - Masabaa the treasury. Plush seating and upholstery done in velvet looks so chic and classy that one's truly impressed. 

The menu has options from across cuisines. They have hand picked and created some classic dishes from across the world - whether its continental, European, Indian or some nice American or British favourites. So if you have friends who have varied tastes, Masabaa can cater to any taste preference across cuisines. 

Food is great, loved the presentation and loved that the chef came to meet us and took our feedback. The service staff was very efficient and took care of all our minutest requests. 

I only have one recommendation that they must include more cocktail varieties in the bar menu. 

Now coming down to the taste test, this is what we had - 


  • Chicken Ceaser Salad - I always judge a restaurant by this simple no frills attached salad. And I am glad I was impressed. Loved the generous Chicken helpings in the salad. My rating 4/5
  • Assorted Veg Kebab Platter - My friends couldn't stop raving about he dahi ke kebab and the bharwa Aaloo. My rating 4/5
  • Garlic Pepper Prawns - Would have loved more pepper on them but even then the prawns were nice and buttery and cooked to perfection. My rating 3.5/5
  • Potato Mozarella Fingers- Loved the presentation in shot glasses. Awesomely cheesy. My rating 4/5
  • Fettuccine Alfredo Con Pollo - Cheesy yummy pasta, peppery and nice chunks of chicken. My rating 4/5
  • Spaghetti Al pest - Nice green Pesto flavoured Spaghetti was really world class. A must have at Masabaa. My rating 4.5/5
  • Margarita - Loved it totally. nice and chilled and refreshing. A great Cocktail. My rating 4/5
  • Strawberry Delight - A nice mocktail, truly delightful. My rating 4/5
  • Italian smooch  - Superbly refreshing.  My rating 4/5
Guys if you are in this side of the city, ensure you dine at Masabaa and be prepared to be swept off by this luxurious dine in. 

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch

No comments:

Post a Comment