Translate

Monday 9 March 2015

SAM@ Arabian Nites, Vasant Vihar Delhi - 3/5


Shawarma today has become a house hold name in Delhi. But when I started having Shawarma while in college the story was much different . Priya complex then used to be one of the happening places in Delhi, unlike what it is today and Arabian Nites then was living its days of glory. Well, had Ist eaten here way back in 1999, When the Shawarma's were to die for, and Delhi did not have many Shawarma places. Rhe story today however is completely different.

I was recently here post a meeting and I decided to stop by for a quick bite of Shawarma, thinking that it would be the Divine Shawarma I was used to having way back when we were in college. So I took the trouble to find a parking spot in the busy Priya complex, and walked towards the Arabian nites, it is bang opposite to the KFC outlet and I could see one of the guys mincing the meat with two big metal Cleavers or butcher knives as we all know them. He was ruthless hitting and mincing the meat hard. 

I ordered a Chicken Shawarma. And I though t for 120 bucks the pricing was way too steep when we are used to having an albake at nearly half the price or the amazing and Delhi's best Shawarma at Koncept under the Defense Colony Flyover.

Well he heated the pita and filled it with onion and the chicken filling with some pickle and the shawarma was good to go. Looking at the minute size at such a pricing I thought we are better off eating at Koncept. And now coming to taste - It was good juicy, but I would say I have had better. It was better than Albake for sure, without a doubt but not better than Koncept. 

Well, the place has lost its old world charm, have food here only if you must


© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/







No comments:

Post a Comment