Translate

Saturday 17 January 2015

China Bowl, Great Chinese Food which costs less 4.5/5


This place somehow pleasantly surprised me last weekend when we were visiting a friend of ours for a Friday night dinner and they ordered from China Bowl. 

An honest to god confession, I had never even heard of the place. And when our friend handed over the menu to me to choose what to have for dinner, I wasnt even sure if we were ordering the right food from the right place. I was surprised to find japanese, chinese and even thai dishes on the menu but was quite unsure if they will even turn out to be remotely authentic. 

So I zeroed down to the dishes that have stood the test of time and are standard items you would order enytime you go out for chinese. I ordered chicken Noodles, veg fried rice, chicken momos, chilli chicken dry and diced chicken Schewan sauce. 

The order arrived on time. I hear China Bowl is a very old chinese place in South Campus catering primarily to the student junta of south campus and is one of the oldest places around, and is pretty popular amongst the youngsters

As I saw the portion sizes I got "Foot in the mouth disease". Good Lord! I thought - Such gigantic portions for such prices, either I must be dreaming or I must have got transported in time to china. Nice thin noodles with such generous helping of chicken pieces, really surprised me. As we started eating, we ate and we ate and we ate. Oh my god! such awesome food, great noodles, great fried rice, yummy momos, divine chilli chicken and heavenly schewan chicken with great flavorful gravy. 


We also had some awesome Thai Chicken Curry with rice which was superb beyond words. The Chicken satay had a huge portion size and the chicken was tender juicy and succulent loved it.

All I can say is great Chinese, tasty chinese, Yummy chinese, Awesome Chinese, Amazing Chinese, delicious chinese at chinese prices. I could just go on and on and on and on and on














No comments:

Post a Comment