Translate

Tuesday 13 January 2015

When Harry Met Sam - The new Menu at Harry's Bar - 4/5





Singapore’s iconic bar chain– Harry's seems all aggressive to sweep the Indian junta off their feet. I was at Harry's at Select City at the new menu launch, and was so so excited to try their new menu. Ever since the place opened up at Khan market I had been dying to visit. One can not only Quench ones cravings with their selection of beers on tap, but also explore an extensive collection of wines, or some stylish and delicious cocktails.

Harry’s boasts of a world class menu with international offerings, prepared by their culinary team led by their culinary Director, the genius Chef Vicky Ratnani. Celebrity Chef and Author Vicky Ratnani known for his famous television cookery Show “Vicky goes Veg” joined F & B Asia (Promoted by the Everstone Group) Ventures Ltd as Culinary Director. The Group runs other famous brands in asia like Pind Balluchi, Harry’s, Spaghetti Kitchen, Noodle Bar as well as Burger King.

There is definitely something quite special and striking about Harry's. The bar is busy and filled with a chilled out atmosphere with the waiters in their crisp suits and welcoming smiles. In true Harry's style, the tradition of excellent service, quality food and drinks at reasonable prices can be expected here. The ambiance is so contemporary and of a very cool and comfy bar, a Bar that you want to come back to time and again for a chitter chatter with friends or simply for some great food and drinks

The menu is vast and comprises of a wide mix of cocktails created by renowned mixologist Shatbhi Basu. The Beverage menu includes Harry’s legendary drinks like Green Lantern, Dirty Harry, and the Singapore classic - The Singapore Sling. Food menu has an all-day dining menu created of course by chef Ratnani. The menu has picked some famous international favourites across cuisines and will definitely impress you.

Within a matter of minutes we grabbed a table ordered our food and drinks and we were even served swiftly. Any time we went to pour our own drink, a waiter would dutifully ask to do it for us. We felt pampered. Guzzle beer, chat with your mates, listen to music and forget about job stress is the feeler one gets at Harry’s.

In addition to the usual favourites, we tried the following items from the new food menu by Chef Vicky Ratnani -



  1. Dirty Harry - Loved this Harry’s signature cocktail immensely. It’s a no frills attached Vodka on ice cocktail with demerara and litchi. Tastes superb and truly refreshing. My rating 4.5/5
  2. Red Wine Sangria - Most places mess up their Sangria. But Harry’s bartenders sweep you off your feet and when you taste the Sangria you are sure you are having a great quality wine in the Sangria. Loved it. My rating 4/5
  3. Ratatouille Stuffed Mushroom Caps – I fell in love with Ratatouille when I first cooked it in catering college and the idea of this masterpiece dish stuffed in a mushroom topped with cheese, is divine in itself and the taste even a step further. Loved this super Ratatouille starter. My rating 4/5
  4. Vietnamese Spring Rolls – An awesome option for today’s health conscious. Stuffed with fresh Veggies and rolled in a rice paper roll and served with flavoured soy sauce, this dish is a true rockstar. My rating 4.5/5
  5. Wasabi Cottage cheese - Unlike most people, I simply love the kick wasabi gives in ones mouth and the idea of wasabi clubbed with soft and mushy cottage cheese is a winner. And so is this dish an absolute winner and I was drooling when I had this. My rating 4/5.
  6. Potato wedges – These are unlike any wedges you have ever tasted in your life. And the dip served with these is absolutely super. Loved the crispiness and the crunchiness of the crust on the outside. And the idea of popping hot potato wedges on w winter evening itself is heavenly just like these wedges. My rating 4.5/5
  7. Fisherman’s Basket – A mix of fried tempura coated prawns and calamari with a tartar dip in a cute basket. I am a huge calamari and a shrimp fan and this dish did not disappoint me at all. My rating 4/5
  8. Crispy Chicken – Very Oriental and yes very very nice. My rating 4/5
  9. Pattaya Fish Goujons – Ah! Yes very Thai in look, taste and texture and fish soft and cooked to perfection coated with Thai spices and soy. My rating 3.5/5
  10. Watermelon and Feta Salad – Can you believe it – The saltiness of Feta is so well complemented with the sweetness of the watermelon? I was absolutely floored by this rock star of a salad. Loved the olives and lettuce with it. A great no frills attached Salad which is an absolute must have at Harry’s. My rating 4.5/5
  11. Moroccan Cottage cheese – Morroccan spices are very close to what we Indian’s use in our cooking. So this dish is very similar to a Paneer Tikka. The quality of Paneer for this dish was superb. Mushy buttery Cottage cheese chunks tossed in spices & served with a mint sauce – An absolutely heavenly experience. My rating 4.5/5
  12. Jerk Spiced Chicken – Loved the presentation of this dish. Chicken cooked to perfection and the spices in which it was cooked was fab. And fabulous is an understatement. Jerk spiced chicken was the dish of the day for me. This dish deserves a 5 pointer. My rating 5/5
  13. Kung Pao Chicken – Mildly spiced and great subtle gravy dish. My rating 3.5/5
  14. Chicken Satay - Brilliantly done satay that had an after taste of lemon grass on the juicy succulent chicken. My rating 4.5/5
  15. Penne in red sauce - Was good too. My rating 3/5
  16. Chicken Burger Sliders – Love the idea of mini burgers and these ones were cute as hell and tasted great. My rating 3.5/5
  17. Thai Green Curry with Steamed rice – I am a sucker for Thai Green Curry and this one swept me off my feet. Loved the gravy which tasted superb with steamed rice. This is my comfort food. Loved it . My rating 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment