Translate

Thursday 29 January 2015

Episode - 3 - Delhi-6 Week - Food Along the way in Old Delhi

Well people its a delight to walk the streets of Old Delhi as you all must have seen already from my posts in the last couple of days. But I recommend you do this mostly when the weather is conducive may be winter months or during rains. Well, Baarish me chaat khaane ka mazaa hi kuch aur hai. And when I had visited Old delhi besides the good old legendary shops there are large number of big and small street hawkers and street venders selling jalebi’s, paan, bread pakodas, kachaudi’s, samosa’s, surprisingly even chowmein, freshly cut fruits, desi fried burgers, chana bhatoora, naan khatai, rajma chawal, daal chawal, Gulaab Jamun and what not.

While walking from Chawdi Bazaar uptil Jama masjid and then red fort I was over whelmed by the variety of street food I saw. I stopped by first at Ashok Chaat and had chaat to my hearts fill, then I had some daulat ki chaat from Ajab Singh, and then I saw an old paan wala selling some paan. There was that naan khatai wala, and the gulaab jamun wala and surprisingly a chowmein wala outside the Jama Masjid. And while walking from the Jama masjid to the red fort, I also saw an innumerable amount of food stalls outside red fort selling anything under the sun. From gol gappas to cholle bhature, to bread pakodas to desi fry burgers, yummy gulab jamuns, gajar mooli ki chaat, pineapples, patties and oh everything you can think of.

And I also Landed at Natraj Bhalle Wala another legendary shop, and I often still wonder what’s so special about them. They are just bhalla’s, thats all. And yes I still maintain that they arer just bhalla’s thats all. Well, yes he’s just taking the Ist mover and a legendary advantage. And nothing more.

Over the next few days, we will explore the Kebab’s at Karim’s and the beauty and magnificence of the Jama Masjid and Red Fort.

Old delhi is a paradise for foodies like me, and every time I visit I feel a connection not only with the food but also with its history, with its momuments, its culture.

Tomorrow I explore my journey to the red fort and the Jama Masjid and explore their rich cultural heritage and monumental beauty. And Friday night we explore Kebab’s at Karim’s.

So stay tuned to my travel food blog – What Sam says about _____? and find out whats in store.


© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
© www.zomato.com/shambavi






































No comments:

Post a Comment