Translate

Thursday 1 January 2015

ROOTS IN THE ARMS OF NATURE, ASTONISHINGLY IN NCR - 4/5


Who would have thought a place like this exists our NCR in between the chaos, the rat race, the traffic, the noise, the cut throat corporate competition, the job stress, the irritating bosses, the nagging colleagues and what and what not. Far from the maddening crowd, this place brings you close to your own self. Having read a lot about this place I finally picked up my car keys and drove northwards yesterday. Slightly hard to locate this place is definitely what I would call paradise incorporated. In this maddening city, we tend to forget who we are, we need to get in touch with our selves, we need to get in touch with our ROOTS.

If someone had told me Rajiv Gandhi Technology park, I would simply have raised my eyebrow and said, "What now?"", but there I was yesterday frantically searching for this place which I would later realize is truly a safe haven, a sanctuary of peace and tranquillity. I parked my car and I was welcomed to a nice breeze on a warm August evening. Breeze? you might think; yes.... this place kind of made me feel like I had just landed on some natural ayurvedic kind of a resort. This place is so lush, go green, so many trees, no pollution, a pure WOW, a pure bliss!

The park is huge, with slides, and sledges & I could see children running around and it reminded of the small town I was from; my native place. I forgot for a second that I was in the mad mad city of Delhi. 

On the left corner I saw a cute little shack with a signage that read in Green "Roots". For some vague reason one feels safe, protected or should I say you feel as if you enter a shell when you enter roots. Its a very simple, very grounded, very no frills attached, no nonsense kind of a place, yet something about it strikes a chord somewhere deep inside of you. I would have loved to sit in one corner with my chai and click some nice natural shots or simply read a book in peace. 

There's seating both in the shack which has 2 huge coolers running to mask the high temperatures and there's seating amidst the lawn too when there are summers. Whichever one gels with you, you can choose to sit there. I so felt utterly sad that I had a movie to catch and I had sort of a limited span of time to spend in this place. 

Colleagues from office were bored and wanted a different place to chill, so we headed to Roots, I am happy a lot of people dont know about the place, so this place is commercially unexploited. My colleagues were shocked seeing kids playing in the park. And we all had a blast

Never visit this place if you are in a hurry. I would have loved to grab a corner and drown in my book or may be write something, or just sit with my eyes closed. While we sat the server got us a jute menu card and a pen n writing pad. How cute, you have to write what you want to eat. So I ordered a Masala Chai, a veg grill sandwich, nimbu pani and some mushroom on toast. We also had Salt Lassi, Wai Wai Bhel and the yumm Palak ki chaat

The colourful bottle of water, the green napkin holders & the very feel of this place is actually so green, so natural or should I say so rooted. The food arrived nicely on the platters. The veg grill sandwich was a 4/5, so fresh, that I could taste the butter in my mouth. Oh so yum! The Chai and the nimbu pani were truly refreshing to the core. The cheesy tops of the mushroom on toast were so heavenly that they melted my heart. And the bill wasn't substantial enough. 

Next time I visit, I am going to go with more time at hand and feel this place truly. The place gave me a very college campus feel, which is nice by the way, and I wanted to go back to college again.

Honestly this place is not about the food, which also is great by the way, but this place is about discovering yourself, discovering your friends, your colleagues, your family, your children or may be your better half. It is a waste trying to discover them sitting and chatting in a CCD or a barista. Do try this place for a change, and you would know what I mean.

© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/































No comments:

Post a Comment