Translate

Saturday 22 August 2015

Dilli - 6, Old Delhi Food Festival at Radisson Blu Hotel Paschim Vihar - 4/5


Chaat and the Food from the City of Moughal's - Delhi has always excited me. I find myself boarding the metro every winter and running to Dilli-6 to grab some Chaat and bhalle from Natraj in Chandni Chowk and Tikki from Ashok Chaat Bhandar from Chawdi Bazaar. And when I heard that Level-2 Restaurant at the Radisson Blu in Paschim Vihar is holding a Dilli-6 Festival, I jumped at the opportunity and thought who will wait until winter to grab a piece of Old Delhi's Delights. 

The Festival goes on till 30th August and offers an unmatched delectable array of dishes Dilli-6 is known for. You wouldn't need to run to run to Natraj for the Bhalle and you wouldn't need to grab a Masala tea in Chandni Chowk and you definitely needn't rush to Chawdi Bazar because you can feast on the super awesome Tikki and Gol Gappe and Super Chilla's right here right now at Level Two. I have never been a fan of the Paratha's at Parathe wali Gali in Chandni Chowk, but the Paratha's at Level -2 at the Dilli-6 festival are only calling for you to feast on them. 


What I loved about this festival is that the restaurant has been wonderfully transformed into a Gully or any other Mohalla from Dilli-6 decorated with a tea cart and the entrance is like the Red Fort and the chaat counters remind you of the old Gully's and Kucha's. 


The Dilli-6 Menu brings you true and authentic flavours of Old Delhi where you can try almost all the famous dishes from the streets of Old Delhi. From Savoury to sweet one gets a feel that the Chef's have not left out any single dish that you would find in Old Delhi. And for those with a sweet tooth you can treat yourself with dishes like Lassi Kulfi, Moong Daal Ka Halwa, Rasmalai, Gulab Jamun and many more. 

When I reached Level-2, I rushed straight to the Gol Gappa Counter and tried the Gol Gappa's with the Meetha and Teekha Paani. I asked the Chef to prepare for me a hot sizzling Tikki which if I might add is fat better in taste than what Bittu Tikki wala's Tikki is today. Then came the besan ka Chilla which was superbly crisp and yum. I also tried the Bhalla which was so soft and mushy and divine that I forgot Natraj from Chandni Chowk.

I couldn't help trying both the sweet and the salted Lassi's. They were thick and the sweet Lassi was flavoured with saffron, cream and dry fruits and really lifted my spirits. What actually got me going was the Keema and Paratha. The Mutton Keema tasted fabulous. It certainly was one of the best Keema dishes in the city and went so well with the freshly made Lachcha Paratha. 

And then came the Paratha's. The Aaloo ka Paratha was divine and I absolutely adored it. Topped my meal with a cutting Masala Chai and some hot Gulab Jamun's, Besa ki Barfi and Sugarfree Sabudana Kheer which were simply divine. 

The desserts from the regular Buffet menu were fabulous too. I am so glad to have caught the Dilli-6 festival in action before it ends on the 30th August. So Guys, Rush and catch lip smacking, mouth watering food from the City of Moughals in action. 

Date : 6th - 30th August 

Time : 12:30 - 3 pm for Lunch 
             7:30- 11 pm for Dinner 

Venue-  Level-2, Radisson Blu, New Delhi Paschim Vihar 

Price :  Lunch Buffet @ Rs. 999+ Taxes
             Dinner Buffet @ Rs. 1250+ Taxes

For Reservation: 011 4639 9999

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi






The mind blowing Aaloo ki Tikki 


The super Besan ka Chilla



The Yummy Keema

The Keema with Lachcha Paratha



The super Bhalla


The Paratha's from Parathe Wali Gali

The Paratha's from Parathe Wali Gali

The Paratha's from Parathe Wali Gali

The super Sweet and Salted Lassi


The yumm sugarfree Kheer

The Besan ki Barfi



The Cutting Chai 








The Super Varieties of Achaar




















1 comment: