Translate

Monday 24 August 2015

BTW opens in Dwarka - 3/5




I can still recall it was 2007, and I was in Rohini on a client meeting. The client’s office was very close to the Original BTW and while we were discussing business I happened to confess to him that I had yet been deprived of the legendary Bitto Tikki wala’s Tikki. He smirked at me and was sweet enough to order me a plate of this legend on a plate. And the taste of this divine tikki is still fresh in my palate. It has almost been 8 years yet I cannot help raving about the best Tikki I have ever had. I have had Ragda what Tikki is called in Maharashtra but I like the North Indian version better and I certainly adored Bittu’s Tikki I had way back in 2007. It was the time that the Tikki at BTW had achieved almost a cult status and every Delhiite swore by it. 
  
I was excited when one day while passing the sec 10 market I saw the bright red BTW signage and last week I created an opportunity to raid BTW located in the sector 10 market in Dwarka. Located right in the middle of the sector 10 market the outlet is huge, but does not have a seating space. They have just put up some tables where one can stand and eat. This outlet sort of has become the likes of the already present Gulab, Aggarwal and Evergreen already present in Dwarka offering a similar menu however their USP and highlight being the legendary and age old Bittu ki Tikki.

They sell all the usual Halwai Mithai and the usual tikki, bhalle and chaat. The outlet is picking up quite well owing to its legendary status. So when I went I ordered myself the much talked about Bittoo ki tikki and some Pista Badam milk. The tikki was fresh but it just fizzled out, because I immediately compared the taste to what I had eaten in 2007. The tikki was nice, and like Saif Ali khan says in this new TV ad- Nice means it’s not great. And so was the Badam milk, it was nice but not great. It failed to live up to its hype and legendary status. So it was kind of Much ado about nothing. The Badam milk was nice too, but seems they have started using double toned milk for it instead of full cream, because it failed to deliver on viscosity and thickness.


Well, for someone who hasn't tasted the legend, the food is pretty nice. But for me, this place is in my grey zone. 


© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© 
Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
























No comments:

Post a Comment