Translate

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Hi Kolkata - The best Bangla food, Sam's ever Had - 4.5/5



I truly have no words to describe the great bangla food I enjoyed here. The place from outside may not seem to be one of the best places to visit and eat food, but one is pleasantly surprised at the treasure one finds here. I have had bangla food at both the Oh! Calcutta outlets and let me make an honest confession, this place is way ahead in taste, flavour and service than Oh! Calcutta. 

This restaurant surpassed my expectations and for the Ist time in my life, I fell in love with Bangla cuisine. The subtle flavour of the spices in the mustard fish and the Kosha Mangsho with the luchi transports you to Bangla heaven (if it exists). 

The restaurant is located on one secluded corner in sector 8 dwarka in Delhi and is literally a hidden gem. The ambience of the place is quite OK but the food is fantastic,it simply exceeds ones expectations. The service staff is really great and they are sweet to suggest what you must try if one is clueless about bangla cuisine. The food arrives quite promptly and the meals leaves you satisfied and satiates your soul.

So without much a do let me tell you what I had and how it was......

1. Daal bhaja - is like small diamonds and are actually vadas mad of dal n fried. Nicely crisp n tasty
2. Batter fried bekti with mustard sauce - the fish was nice n crisp and the mustard dip was awesome
3. Luchi with Kosha Mansho- luchi is a poori and Kosha mansho is a fantastic delicately flavored mutton dish which tasted divine with luchi. So divine that I nearly ate my fingers.
3. Shoshe Mach - this mustard flavoured fish was heavenly and I loved the zing of mustard in the gravy. It tasted so great with white rice and I recommend you use your fingers to eat this. 

4. Also recommend you taste Doi Mach, its super

A great meal at a great price. I am dying to go back and try more great dishes next time. This place will re-define your perception of Bangla cuisine.



© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/















No comments:

Post a Comment