Translate

Saturday 1 November 2014

Wild Fire - The only Brazillian restaurant in town - A Non vegetarian's delight - 5/5


At the outset, I want to sum up the review in 4 simple words “Paradise for Non veg Lovers”. And secondly I would like to say thank god for the Brazilians! This was my Ist experience with Brazillian food, and only thanks to Citibank restaurant week India did I even realize that there is a restaurant in the city that serves Brazilian food. If you are not sacred of experimenting with food and your thought process can actually go beyond the tikka shikka – Chowmein Showmein and Pasta pizza, then you are going to absolutely fall in love with this place. 

Located at the Lobby level at the Crowne plaza hotel, Gurgaon this restaurant offers foods influenced by cultures of Brazil, Portugal and some from New Zealand. The highlight of the restaurant is the churrascaria style of cooking. If you are a hardcore meat-eater, you should definitely try this place, but be prepared to reach deep into your wallet as Churrascaria (a place where meat is cooked in Churrasco style, which translates roughly from the Portuguese for 'barbecue') styles of meat available here are lamb leg, chicken or tenderloins done in authentic Brazilian style. 

The meal is a glamorous ritual and is a class act all the way till the end. The meal is enormous full of succulent Brazilian style carnivorism, I would call it a cyclone, a tsunami of roasted and skewered and basted barbecued meat showering down non-stop, upon your plate. Can you picture this? I am sure you can. The way Churrascaria works is you come in, and help yourself to the salad bar, which has a selection of soups, meats, pasta salads and veggies. And then arrives the main course or should I say the meaty course.

The place is the same like any other brazillian Grill & Steak house only that the overall decor is 'grandeur'; it's one of those places that anyone should go to have a unique experience. The restaurant is very nice, basic, but classy and offers a cozy fine dining atmosphere. What adds to the experience is the fact that food is carved at the table from the skewers by the Chefs which is a unique feature of this restaurant. Long sword like skewers of juicy, succulent meats be it tenderloin, chicken, pork, lamb or fish they are basted with traditional marinades and gently roasted, and served fresh from the fire to your plate. The service by the chef on your plate is quite a sight, and you just want to sit and cheer the entire event. There is no ordering or waiting, just sit & chill & relax and savor the moment while the chefs slice sizzling hot skewered meats directly onto your plate, & quantities are endless. The waiters are also very attentive. They always came around when we were ready for some more meat. 

There is a salad bar and You can also choose from a few sides too, but probably won't even touch them since there is SO MUCH MEAT. I can't stress that enough. now coming down to what we ate

They began with a bread basket with Olive Tepinade and herb butter. Oh god the olive tepinade was so garlicy and tasted a lot like pesto, it was too good. The salad bar as I already mentioned was exceptional with cold and smoked meats. 

For the Churassco main course, we had the thyme and paprika basted chicken legs, which were simply divine. I didn't know chicken on a skewer could taste so yummm and delicious so juicy, so tender and so succulent. Then came the red wine, mint and rosemary scented Lamb and trust me, this is the best that Lamb can truly get. If you have had good lamb elsewhere, I challenge you that this is better than the best. So soft, so mushy with juices trickling down the skewer as the chef carves it for you. I must mention the touch that the chef himself walks to your table to out the carved meat into your plate does add a personalized touch to the meal experience.

Finally arrived the dish of the day the rock salt and olive oil rubbed tenderloin. God bless Brazilian's and god bless the holy lion which is so tender. The tenderloin is the best I have ever had. So mushy so juicy, that I am salivating as I am trying to describe it. 

The dessert arrived with a brownie and icecream which was a grand end to a grand meal. 

Finally, the sensational feast had to come to a close. My stomach told my brain that it would kick the crap out of me if I tested it any further, and with that it all ended in the blink of an eye. This place simply blew me away and I only prayed that the evening would have lasted a bit longer. Guys if you love meat, and if you have faith in the words of a carnivore, believe me, you have to visit, and eat it to believe what I am talking about


© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/






















No comments:

Post a Comment