Translate

Saturday 22 November 2014

Flury's - The Pastry Shop at The Park Hotel, New Delhi - 4/5


I have been a regular at Flury's for almost a decade now. I was introduced to Flury's way back in 2004 when I first had their Fresh Fruit Cake, and was simply blown away. And over the years my love for Flury's has only become stronger and stronger. 

Located at the Lobby level at The Park Hotel, New Delhi, Flury's is yet another pastry shop that is sort of my "Eye Candy". Brilliant products right from cakes and pastry's to tarts, and other fabulous savoury items. Flury's happens to be a very very famous bakery at The Park Kolkata located on Park street and every one who hails from Kolkata or has lived there swears by their stuff. And the Flury's at Delhi is absolutely the same, an absolute delight to visit and treat your taste buds to all the goodies. 

I have always adored the way they have done the interiors. Very chic, very modern and contemporary and very catchy. The show window is a delight to watch. With Rumballs, truffle, Tiramisu, Tarts and beautifully decorated cakes calling you, its a mad fight between the heart and mind and undoubtedly the heart wins. 

I was shopping in CP and had had a zinger burger at KFC and wanted to top it up with something amazingly deliciously sweet. So I headed to Flury's my old love and grabbed myself a slice of red velvet and Tiramisu.

Both seemed like pieces of Diamond on my plate, absolutely and phenomenally beautiful. As I cut through the Red Velvet, I could feel the freshness of the sponge and the taste was divine! Yes better than most Red Velvet's I have tasted in the city, and this one I tell you is so under rated. So fresh and with the right amount of sweetness, not overpoweringly sweet like most places. Sam says, this one is a must have in Delhi.

Tiramisu, was soft and delicate and creamy and oh so yummy, the Chocolate curl on top made this thing an even more heavenly and a divine tasting experience. One of the best I have had in a very long time. 

And trust me, the bill for two slices of fantasy was way lesser than a single slice of Red Velvet at Elma's Bakery in Haus Khaz Village and the taste was far more superior. So guys if you are a fan of top quality bakery products like me, head straight to Flury's without a second thought.

© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
































No comments:

Post a Comment