Translate

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Majeed's Dwarka - Delhi - 1/5 - poor


Blah! is the right word to begin this review. And then I go completely blank after this word. I had read such raving reviews about the place, and much to my astonishment they were all dubious. I was looking forward to eating their food last week on Eid when I realized they were closed on that Day. So 2 days ago when my mister was in no mood to eat the stereotype dinner we jumped at the opportunity of ordering from here, unaware that its going to be a disaster.

We placed the order and the food arrived in about 30-45 minutes, which seemed fair enough. But that was the only good part of the order. We ordered for Afghani rolls and a chicken biryani. I was impressed to see an earthen handi which had the biryani but the minute I touched it, it was cold, so I was certain that the biryani is going to be really cold. We began eating the rolls. The size and the filling seemed decent but it seemed that the tikkas were not marinated in the spices before making them tandoori, it seemed as though they were boiled and then roasted. They were the blandest tikka's I have ever had in my life and the most disastrous roll ever.

As expected the biryani was ice cold. May be it was cooked a day before, kept in the deep freeze and simply taken out when our order had arrived. It had 3 miniature pieces of chicken in it. Well it was almost like eating a 200/- Rs per Kg basmati which they named biryani by mistake. Oh Sorry, or may be they forgot to call it chilled Biryani. We could feel the cold Ghee in our hands as we tried to eat it. 

I am sure it was my Ist and my last time of ordering from here. If I am in a mood to splurge money on pathetic food, I would rather eat at the most hygienic thela serving decent food and even risk food poisoning but I aint certainly ordering from here..

When I reviewed them on Zomato, their owner and his bunch of friends listed on Zomato were all full of harsh comments and stuff, and I swore not to order again.


© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/








No comments:

Post a Comment