Translate

Saturday 13 December 2014

California Boulevard - Gurgaon - Chic, Classy, Delectable Diner - 4.5/5



I have been a tom boy ever since I was a kid and my love for great looking cars and bikes has only grown within me with age. I happened to visit a classy diner in Rajouri garden in Delhi some months back and was totally blown away by the concept and like a kid posed with the Harley to get clicked. And when I heard they opened in Gurgaon where I work I could not wait and decided to visit at the first opportunity that would come up.

Friday afternoon my team of 8 wanted to have a Christmas party, so we headed to California boulevard in Gurgaon for lunch. As soon as we parked we were impressed to see a separate Harley parking they have made. And yes of course a bright silver and black Harley Davidson motorbike at the entrance parked to give us a titillating welcome. I smiled posed again with the Harley and entered.

Wow! I exclaimed the minute I entered. The place is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L and done up really well. It's got a two tier seating on 2 floors and some seating outside in the open which is like a semi-Alfresco dining area (which by the way is oh so romantic). The place looks like a fairy tale affair with a huge theatre like screen, booth seating, outside seating which seems ur sitting under the stars (at night), a beautiful bright red and gold Bar counter that had been shaped like a tram.

Love the classy and chic ambiance of the restaurant and it's perfect for any occasion you want to go eat out for. All my colleagues were impressed with everything about the place. This place is a complete package. Great ambiance coupled with great food and efficient service and ensures you have a great time.

The menu here has some new items and is very very interesting and promising and picks the best and popular dishes across cuisines. From a moussaka, to the British favourite - Fish and chips, to Awesome sea food variations in Chinese and European cuisines. I was blown away by the interesting variety in vegetarian food which is usually given a royal ignore in most restaurant menu's

Food of course deserves a special mention. Presentation beautiful with a great eye appeal and absolutely spot on. Taste- flavourful, and something which will want you to come back time and again. Variety- immense and the chef was sweet taking rounds and talking to customers for feedback. Portions are huge and dishes are price very well and taste gives you value for every penny spent.

Service- spotless. We were attended to every time we wanted anything. Service staff is very attentive and courteous and very personalised. 
         Coming down to What we had, this is the food that made the afternoon a  blissful experience


  • Prawn Crackers - Served with a sweet chilli Jam, this dish was a rockstar. With shrimp so beautifully flavoured. This dish is a must have here. My rating 5/5
  • Dilli ki Chaat - This one is my favourite at TCB. I loved it at Rajouri and I had to have this here. This dish is better than Old Delhi. My rating 4/5
  • Bruschettas - Loved that unlike most Bruschettas the chef uses artichokes that takes the Bruschettas to a new dimension. Love the flavour of the herbs on top. My rating 4.5/5
  • Quesadilla - Cheesy, yummy. Another must have. My rating -4/5
  • Mozarella Sticks - Cheezy, juicy yummy. My rating -4/5
  • Vegetable spring Rolls - Crisp yumm Spring rolls. My rating -4/5
  • Sushi Paneer Rolls - This is a great twist that the Chef has created to the Japanese favourite. A great vegetarian Appetizer that you have to try at CB. Beautifully presented. My rating -4/5
  • Peri Peri Crispy Chicken - Ah! Blissful crisp spicy chicken that lightens your palate and delights your taste buds. My rating -4/5
  • Beer Batter Fish - Ah! Loved it with the tartare sauce. Brilliantly done. My rating -4/5
  • Spanish Fiesta Salad - This fresh Garden salad with colourful veggies with spicy nachos and chipotle dressing is a great guilt free option. Recommended for the diet conscious. My rating -4/5
  • TCB Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms - This Chinese take on stuffed mushrooms is great. Loved the presentation and taste. My rating -4/5
  • Khumb aur Singhade ki Galouti - One of the best Vegetarian Kebab's I have ever had. A must have most definitely at TCB. My rating -4.5/5
  • Char Grilled Chicken- Juicy, Succulent and Melt in your mouth Chicken to complement your cocktails is a must have at TCB. My rating -4/5
  • Kakori Kebab - Ah! better than most I have had at Old Delhi. So tender, so delicate, just melts in yourmouth. A must have for Non vegetarians.
  • Wok Fried Lobster Tai Chi- Loved the Juicy Chinese Tingling lobstor. This seafood dish is a blissfully divine gastronomic experience. My rating -4/5
  • Chicken Burger - Man this thing was big, Massive, gigantic. A great juicy chicken Patty with cheese and veggies this burger is a sure winner. My rating -4/5
  • TCB Greek Vegetable Moussaka - Oh Wow! this was the most beautiful Moussaka ever. With a cheesy crust and lovely cottage cheese in the centre. A must have Vegetarian dish at TCB. Hats off Chef. Loved every bite. My rating -5/5
  • Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Koftas - A beautiful, mild flavourful gravy that housed beauful, delivate Koftas which were like gems floating in the beautiful gravy. A masterpiece of a vegetarian dish. My rating -4.5/5
  • Korean Chilli Tofu - My friends loved it. I am not a tofu fan but I guess it was great and they rated it a 4/5
  • Gosht nihari - Ah! A dream come true for a red meat lover. Great gravy and a highly flavourful dish. My rating -4/5
  • Fish and Chips - Great crispy batter fried Fish with Tartare sauce can never go wrong. This British Classic was a hit amongst my team too. My rating -3.5/5
  • Cheese and Olive Kulcha - Oh Wow! I wanted to kiss the Chef's fingers for this Kulcha. It was a great Indian bread I have had in a long long time. My rating -4/5
  • Chocolate Nutella Torte - A masterpiece of a dessert. Loved the fact that the taste was subtle. Nutella has an inherent feature that it dominates the flavour of any food item its added to since its very strong in flavour. But this dish had the perfect proportion of Chocolate and Nutella, and was as pretty as Leonardo Davinci's Monalisa! A must have dessert at TCB. My rating - 5/5
  • Flambe Bailey's Jamun - A Glamourised touch to Irish Cream and Gulab Jamun and the bailey's is ignited and poured over the gulab Jamuns enhancing and lifting the flavour. Loved it. My rating -4/5
  • Thai Refresher - is a fantastic Mocktail - My rating -4/5
  • Green Apple Cooler - Refreshing - My rating -4/5
  • Spicy Guava Mary - Loved it. My rating -4/5
  • Summer Beach - Fantastic and refreshing - My rating -4/5

Guys! TCB is the place you want to be on a weekday or on a weekend to celebrate an occasion or just to party. Its a fantastic addition to NCR's restaurant world. TCB you have a raving fan in Sam, and Sam says TCB is a must visit. And yeah if you are a Harley fan, you can definitely not miss this beauty.

Read my review of TCB Rajouri Garden by copy pasting the below link on your browser

http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/2014/08/sams-luscious-lunch-california.html






























































No comments:

Post a Comment