Translate

Thursday 30 July 2015

Sam's recipe of Lemon Chicken in Oyster Sauce and Veggie Hakka Noodles


Variety is the spice of life and yes its just boring to eat the usual Dal chawal or Dal Roti and sabji for Dinner.  So I love to experiment sometimes and try to spice the dinner up to impress my mister with a new invention every now and then. And recently I tried my hand at a chicken dish with all available ingredients in my kitchen and the dish turned out to be a rockstar and yes I got some extra loving from my darling husband. I tried making Lemon Chicken in Oyster Sauce with Veggie Hakka Noodles.

Noodles are the easiest to make. I am sure you would agree that I don’t even need to give you the recipe for the darn dish. However would like to still give it out for my patrons who consider themselves amateur cooks.

Veggie Hakka Noodles


  • I had a packet of Ching’s Hakka Noodles at home that I simply boiled with a tea spoon of oil and some salt and strained.
  • Heat oil in a pan add a palm full each of chopped Cabbage, chopped carrots, Capsicum, red and yellow peppers and onions if you like
  • Saute for not more than 2-3 minutes because we do not want to lose the crunch
  • Add the noodles, then add a Cap full of Vinegar, salt, pepper and some Soy & Chilli sauce if you have any at home
  • Remove from heat and serve hot

Lemon Chicken in Oyster Sauce


  • Take 2 boneless Chicken Breasts and dice them into an inch long pieces
  • Dice one onion, 4-5 cloves of Garlic, half a medium sized green capsicum, half a yellow pepper and half a red pepper. You could also add baby corn and sliced carrots if you want.
  • Grate a lemon and keep the lemon zest aside
  • Pressure cook the chicken
  • Add a tablespoon of oil in a pan add the chicken and sautĂ© for 3-4 minutes and add all the veggies & Garlic.
  • Add the Lemon Zest and 2 teaspoons of Lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of Oyster sauce.
  • If you are not on a diet you could add about 50 gms butter to the pan. 
  • Garnish with Chopped Cashews and your Chicken is ready to serve. 

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
© www.zomato.com/shambavi









No comments:

Post a Comment