Translate

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Drool Fresh Bake House Cafe - 2.5/5


Having visited Drool Kitchen I thought this Drool sister concern would be great too. The only thing I have against Drool Kitchen is the slow service, but I still maintain that their food is good. With the same expectations one night me and my husband landed at Drool Fresh near Dwarka Sector 13 metro station; actually it is located just under the metro station like its parent restaurant.

This place is more like a cafe and a bakery with cakes / cupcakes / cookies/ breads and a limited mini meal menu. They have both inside and alfresco seating space. Well, during summer months one generally doesn't even dream for going the Al-fresco way, so we sat inside. 

The ambiance is pretty ok with just enough covers to cater to the young cafe culture junta. We were handed the menu's pretty swiftly and since I was not in the mood for overloading myself with anything heavy I decided to stick to a Ceaser salad and a Chicken sandwich. My husband decided to stick to a Salad and Fish and chips. 

The order came in about 20-25 minutes. The Fish and chips arrived first or should I say that the semi burnt Fish and chips arrived first. The crumb coated crust had a burnt taste. And for the price the quantity was a big mockery. Then came the ceaser Salad. I liked the salad and the helping of chicken in it, but the salad could do with a slightly lesser dressing. It almost seemed like a semi soupy salad with more than required dressing. 

Then came the sandwich, it did not have a filling inside at all. Such a disappointment, as though we weren't paying for the food. What was a bigger turn off was that the edges had become hard and the sandwich was served with the edges. 

A very disappointing meal. 

A week later I ordered for the salad to be home delivered. And let me tell you please do not make the mistake of ordering a salad at home from Drool. Firstly they will take more than an hour to deliver, secondly the delivered quantity at the same price as the dine in is literally half the quantity being served at the restaurant. 

I think I am more or less done ordering or eating out at Drool, and wouldn't recommend that you do either.

© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
© www.zomato.com/shambavi














No comments:

Post a Comment