Translate

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Sam's luscious Lunch@ The California Boulevard - 4/5


I am a strong believer in luck and destiny and Folks, I recently had the golden opportunity by chance and destiny to dine at one of the finest cafe's in Delhi - California Boulevard. As soon as I entered the cafe the ambiance swept me off me off my feet with a Harley Davidson bike parked just as you enter. Yes a Harley Davidson - And a real on, not a dummy, mind u!! You will see me pose with the bike in the review (and I loved it).
Located very close to the Rajouri harden Metro station, California Boulevard is gaining popularity as we speak. All this is simply owing to the hard work and skills of Chef Nitin Pal who has rich industry experience of havng worked in Dubai and with the Radisson Group, so he brings to us his culinary Gems right here in our own city.
California Boulvard has an AM-PM cafe and Bar on the 2nd floor and the Ist floor has this lavish huge cafe in white. Modern, plush interiors with the look and feel of a true American diner, it shown that a lot of hard work and detailing has been done for the interiors of the place. I love the feel of having long lamp posts as though you are sitting in beverly hills and enjoying a pizza or a pasta. And the hollywood walk of fame is a show stopper with the names of famous personalities like Anjeline Jolie and Julia Roberts to name a few.
An old friend called after almost 3 years who happens to live in Rajouri garden so we girlfriend decided to catch up for lunch at TCB. So serendipity pulled me to have the most luscious Lunch I have had in a long long time. We went upto the Ist floor and the courteous servers greeted us and got us seated and my god, the menu has so so vast. We couldnt decide what to have. SO we started with some nice drinks and some starters. Mains followed the starters and so did the glamourized dessert. By the end of the meal, I was so so full yet satisfied that I had such a heavenly feeling both in my soul and in my stomach.
I was happy as well as my my girl friend that we chose to come here. Service was spot on, so was the great ambiance and not to forget the food. A perfect afternoon spent with good friends and good food. I am definitely going baack for more.
Now coming down to what we had :-
1. Thai Refresher - A great drink so true to its name with watermelon juice and the flavour of lemon grass garnished with watermelon scoops - A beautiful and a fantastic drink - I will give it 5.5/5.
2. Virgin Sangria - Well, it was an okay drink, with an overload of fruits. I would have liked the fruits to be tinier though in size and lesser in quantity. Also I recommend that the chef soaks the fruits in juice for atleast 8-10 hours rather than putting them as fresh garnish, the Sangria would taste better - I will give it 2.5/5
3. Sicilian Ministrone soup - My friend had the soup and she loved it. It was just what a traditional Italian Ministrone is supposed to be. Great in taste and balance. Her rating - 4/5
4. Dilli ki Chaat - Well I am a great fan of Palak ki chaat, and this one was superbly done. Fantastic Chef. My rating 4.5/5
5. Veg Crostini - perfect balance of the flavour of tomato, thyme and olive oil, loved it - My rating 4/5
6. Mushroom and Chicken Dimsums - Both were simply perfect and the garlic and the chilli sauce served with them are unique only to TCB. You will not find them anywhere and they are super duper fabulous. My rating - 5/5
6. Tandoori Badaami Broccoli - Simply fantastic. I have not tasted tandoori broccoli before, but I can surely say it tastes a 100 times better than tandoori phool. Great marination and great fvalour with flakes of almonds on top. My rating - 4/5
7. Ganderi Kebab - An interesting creation of crumb fried chicken on sugarcane sticks. Loved it and the presentation was unique - My rating 4/5
8. Char Grilled Chicken- Oh wow, I have no words to describe it, but wow. So soft, so juicy so tender, that I was only drooling all along I had it. My rating - 4.5/5
9. Indonesian Chicken satay - Just as super as they are supposed to be and bang on peanut sauce. My rating - 4/5
10. Steamed fish - I think it needds more flavour. It was nice, but a little bland for me. My rating 2.5/5
11. Veg and Prawn Spring rolls - Super presentation and even super taste - 4/5
12. Duo of Paneer tikkaa - A great marination and flabvour of Kafir lime and pomegranate. Superbly soft paneer chunks that melt in your mouth. 5/5
13. Kakori Kebab - The kaboki was super so delicate so soft and mushy. Loved em - My rating - 5/5
14. Chicken Salami Pizza - Loved the crist and the superb quality Mozarella used on top, and the server was extra sweet to drizzle some olive oil and some parmesan on top. Loved the pizza - My rating - 4.5/5
15. Thai Green curry with rice. - Now this was nice. But it could have been nicer. Needs more thai flavour. That coconut milk zing was a little less for me. My rating 3.5/5
16. Tira Misu - Has to be the best I have ever had. SO huge and gigantic in portion and so soft and tender and amazing in taste. My rating 5/5
17. TCB Kulfi GazzakFerrous - A glamourous dessert where a chocolate cup is melted by a blow torch by the server right in front of you on the table. and it cuts thru so beautifully and melts in your mouth. The kesar gazzak kulfi and chocolate blend so well that its un imaginable. My rating - 5/5.
Guys, you have to visit the place. its on my list of top 10 places to eat out in Delhi.











































































No comments:

Post a Comment