Translate

Thursday 7 August 2014

SAM enjoying Mexican cuisine@ Maquina - Delhi's finest


If you have had any sinful cravings then Maquina has to be your destination over the weekend or any weekday for that matter. Our City is yet to open up to the culture of Dive bars, and I am glad wee have a new kid on the block that attempts to bring in this culture. After having dined only at Chilis the only other Mexican restaurant I have eaten in Delhi / NCR, I did have my apprehension about trying the new place. But I am more than glad ,that my decision paid off. Me and my friend were in HKV for a girls night out and dying to try something new and we happened to locate Maquina from a distance. We made a unanimous decision of entering the place. When we entered the restaurant, we loved what we saw. It was decorated exactly like a typical American diner. The place was huge, there were booth seats, as well as sofa seats, big pictures hung on the walls, a bar at the back of the restaurant with drink specials and records playing in the background. The atmosphere was bold, lively and friendly- the sort of place you would want to come to for a football game, or a Sangaria or an evening out with your bum chums or a Sunday brunch.

The menus were colourful and full of mouth watering Tex Mex fare, it was so tempting that we wanted to order everything that was available! The menu is so large that it simply spoils you with choice. It did not help that the booths around us were all being served with large platters of sizzling and eye catching items that smelled so good. The aroma of the cheesy chimichanga’s and the cheesy nacho’s drove us insane and without much a do, we decided to place our order. The service staff is extra sweet; not only did they make u feel welcome and at home, they went the extra mile to make you feel special, and before we could place our order we realized that they had asked the Chef himself to assist us for ordering.

We were greeted by Chef Ajay who’s a trained professional and has worked abroad in USA and on loads of Cruise liners and he brings with him great experience of cooking mouth watering cheesy Mexicano fare. The Chef mentioned that their Popular dishes are their Big Burgers, Nacho’s, Enchillada’s, Chimichanga’s, burrito’s, Tacos, Sandwiches, & Quesadillas. The Chef explained each of the dishes so well and in detail, that I could almost imagine him cooking them for us. So with the assistance of this experienced Chef this is what we ordered and loved every morsel of What we ate. This is what we ordered---

1. Red Wine Sangaria - One of the Finest Sangaria's I have ever had. The flavour of the fruits in the sangaria was spot on. Very classy, very Spanish. Loved it - My rating - 4/5

2. Tejas Salad - This is one of the best salads I have had in the recent times. Very contemporary, very modern, very NYC Manhattan fine dining restro salad with classy ingredients of Cherries, juicy succulent smoked chicken , green apples, oranges blended in a honey chilli dressing, really made my day. My rating - 5/5

3. Grilled leg of chicken Nachos - I loved the fact that they bake their own nacho's rather than procuring them from outside and it shows very clearly in the taste. The blackened chicken and the awesome veggie toppings and the olive dust on top with the molten cheese make for a great dish. My rating - 4.5/5..

4. Roasted Chicken and Chilli con pollo Enchilada - The presentation was simply ground breaking. I was awestruck at chef Ajay's bewautiful creation on my plate. I loved the use of colourful toppings on it and it really made me drool looking at the cheezy top. As I had my Ist bite I fell into a trace and was transported to a mexican beach sipping my Sangria. Loved the fact that the chef was generous with the stuffing and this tasted divine. This was definitely the dish of the day for me . My rating - 5/5

5. Roasted Chicken and Chilli con pollo Quesadilla - Loved this tortilla and generously filled chicken Quesadilla. Simply loved that he chef served them with sour cream, salsa and my favourite guacamole dip. The guacamole was a rockstar and quesadilla tasted super divine with it. My rating - 4/5

6. Toblerone Shot - Well, I had expected this to be another run of the mil dessert. But Chef Ajay again surprised me. This was nothing like I had expected. I would have though this to taste like mousse or tira misu, but this was different. The baileys in this toblerone shot, mixed with premium toblerone chocolate simply tasted heaven on earth, I loved the presentation of grated chocolate on top and beetroot reduction and strings of balsamic reduction. Super in presentation and super in taste. My rating - 5/5

Friends, Romans, and country men, your missing out on so much if you havent been to this place. You must rush and storm Maquina tonight, so rush rush rush and you will thank me for recommending this gem of a place in the heart of our city

No comments:

Post a Comment