Translate

Monday 4 August 2014

Semi Final Episode : Hotel Review- Rokeby Manor- Mussourie



I was in Mussourie a couple of weeks ago and had the opportunity to visit a fantastic hotel property by the name of Rokeby Manor built in 1840 and today it is one of the landmarks of Landour. The property is situated near Lal Tibba, the highest point in Mussourie to the east of St. Paul's Church and the old cantonment parade ground, which is now popularly known as Char Dukan. The Property actually gets its name from the original Rokeby Castle in England.

The property went from various hands and ended in the hands of Woman's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church in 1930 and they continued to operate the property as a guest house throughout the rest of the 20th century. Today, this heritage building Rokeby has been converted into a beautiful hotel property ever since 2010. The property speaks a lot about its rich culture, history through its British architecture and its elaborate brick, stone and wood work including walls, wood floors and beams, and even fireplaces.

The hotel also offers splendid views of greenery and Himalayan peaks in Mussourie. The property is located at a distance of 35 km from the Dehradun railway station and only 37km from the Jolly Grant airport. The perfect place to vacation this property has the most comfortable rooms for customer stay, and one of the most beautiful valley views. You can go on long walks, or simply keep staring at the beautiful valley, or take a dip in the terrace Jacuzzi. I recommend a long stay at the property to feel the beauty and the freshness in the air that this place has.
I was in this property for a dinner, and regretted not staying here. I went to its specialty restaurant Emily’s. As soon as I entered the property, I was amazed at its beauty and its architecture. For some vague reason I felt a connection with this place, and felt I could stay here forever, I was enamored by its beauty and I felt a connection.

I have separately reviewed Emily's and I swear by its food and service, and I swear by the Rocking Rokeby Manor too. Do enjoy the beautiful pictures of this awesome property and if you ever get a chance to stay here don't miss it

Now I know why Ruskin Bond is in love with Mussourie, and this place just makes this love stronger, and this holds true for me as well.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment