Translate

Sunday 3 August 2014

Episode - 2- Kalsang , Mussourie where to eat in Mussourie

When I heard the name of this place, I was wondering why the name “Kalsang”? Until I came to know that Kalsang is a Tibetan name for babies meaning Good fortune. So Kalsang means good fortune, but for me it completely meant “Good Food”. Kalsang is a Chinese, Thai and Tibetan speciality restaurant on the other end of the Mall Road in Mussourie. This place is just amazing. If you are in Mussoorie or anywhere near, then this place is a must-visit.

Before I hit the mall road, I did some surfing on Trip advisor to find out the hot selling places and Kalsang was amongst the top 5 places in Mussourie. There was another Chinese place called Amitash Rice bowl, but I spoke to the owner of my resort and he mentioned that Kalsang is better and the quality of Amitash has gone down. So without a second thought we made Kalsang the destination for dinner.

Kalsang is a cute little place having won certificate of excellence from Trip advisor 2-3 years in a row. We went for an early dinner at 7pm, and I couldn’t believe my eyes that we had to wait for 10 minutes for a table that early. When I saw the menu all I could think that the place seems to have good food, wide variety and competitive pricing. The place is very clean and the service is fantastic. Apart from having their Chinese and Thai dishes and do keep some space to try their authentic Tibetan dishes. I found their service staff very cute and attentive and their hairstyles are very upmarket, very stylish and very modern.

My sister was a vegetarian so she ordered Veg Thukpa, and I ordered their fantastic Tibetan Chicken Thukpa, which was way beyond impressive. Hot with veggies and chicken, really refreshing. The Spring rolls were nice too. Then came the vegetables in Schezuan sauce with the noodles. Oh wow the veggies were awesome. We also ordered Tibetan Chilly Chicken Gravy which was fantastic too. So much food, such huge portions, we were so stuffed that we could barely walk. The bill was a shocker, so much food for under 1500/- bucks? My my my, awesome! With our heavy bellies we decided to march towards Chik Chocolate for dessert.


Stay tuned and read tomorrow Episode – 3, Chik Chocolate’s yummy desserts.





























No comments:

Post a Comment